Cam Cover Gasket (again)

I was looking for part numbers for seals when I came in this topic. I just bought a black cam cover because Iike it better then my chrome cover. But never realised that there is a difference in covers. My 2 key questions. Do the old and new covers fit on my 2005 rocket. And is there a difference in the gasket /seals .

I was looking for part numbers for seals when I came in this topic. I just bought a black cam cover because Iike it better then my chrome cover. But never realised that there is a difference in covers. My 2 key questions. Do the old and new covers fit on my 2005 rocket. And is there a difference in the gasket /seals .
Cam Cover - Triumph ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER | Triumph ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER Cam Cover С быстрой доставкой в Россия | Fowlers Parts
No difference...

My '05 has the factory chrome valve cover. It has a groove all the way around that the gasket sits in. I'm still using the factory installed '05 gasket without the slightest hint of seepage. My understanding is that the later valve covers, (starting with the Roadster maybe ?) eliminated the groove. That doesn't seem to work well. The groove kept the gasket from squeezing out.

Noticed that my 06 cam cover had the grooves whereas the 10 cam cover did not, it was flat.
However.... many times the cam covers have been off each, and thousands of miles with each, and no leaks with either.

Maybe the newer/flat cam covers are more prone to it, but my opinion at this point is that it is probably at least mostly worksmanship, that causes the leaks.

I have the new cam cover on the X. Factory gasket started to leak around 10,000 miles. With 68,000 on the bike as it sits and valve check done every 20,000 along with fuel filter change I have never had a issue.

Noticed that my 06 cam cover had the grooves whereas the 10 cam cover did not, it was flat.
However.... many times the cam covers have been off each, and thousands of miles with each, and no leaks with either.

Maybe the newer/flat cam covers are more prone to it, but my opinion at this point is that it is probably at least mostly worksmanship, that causes the leaks.
I have an 05 which has the inner and outer edges, I definitely think this helps with the sealing.

Back