Best Ramp

Best solution, IMO, is to buy an enclosed trailer. It's easier, safer and has more utility, making it worth the extra cost.

Agree - good cheap new option for Aussies (especially near Sydney) at the moment.

List price: AU $3,890.00
You save:
AU $1,700.02 (43% off)
Now:
AU $2,189.98

NEW XTREME 8x5 Tandem Box Trailer 900MM CAGE Fully Welded GALVANISED ATM 2000kg | eBay

Many more detailed parts photos in listing

upload_2017-5-17_12-15-33.png

If you know your destination you can count on a ramp but, I might end up unloading and loading solo wherever. I like the trailer too, enclosed or not. The best I have used is the UHaul MC trailer. Its like $15 per day. Not bad. Very rigid and stable. Makes for a good camping tent set up off the ground. Would buy it for the right price.

To all who have responded and answered my questions with experiences, I am 50/50 on the buy. As far as safety; if people were falling like flies using these ramps, the attorneys would have eliminated them. The designs look simple sturdy with good welds. The main con is the loading and unloading risks. I will decide soon and post some pics
Thank you
TBH, I have ramps, an open single trailer, and an enclosed trailer. All have their uses, and it's nice to have options.

@Ishrub
Ish, you be on fire today!
GREAT deal - wish twas here in US, only $1,625.00!!!

My Googlefoo is strong but this one came in a eBay.au 'deal of the day' promo email
if I can put my 2 cts it is much easier to load the rocket on a dual axle trailer as it does not goes up nor down while single axle have to be locked flat before loading done it both ways I used to load into an old 2 horses trailer way back then and never had a problem

7_mobile__15360_1485461929_1000_1200.jpg
This will work with a small bike with a transmission that can free spool in neutral. When you make a turn the bike tilts to accommodate for the fixed straps. Scary but held up the R3 without failing.

bike-pro-wheel-chock__13.jpg
This is bolted to a 2x4 wedged in the truck bed. Good place to land and be able to dismount and have the bike be held up.

motorcycle_ramps__11.jpg motorcycle_ramps__12.jpg
This is what I ordered. Three section 10 footer. Two lateral 12 inch and one center 14 inch sections with 2 degree convexity and rounded top section. By observation of others using this ramp, the bike should not hit at the edge of the tailgate. In that case there are many easy solutions. Lower the bed or raise the edge of the ramp.

For $1,650, I would by the aluminum two axle cage and figure a way to store it. What'a hek, Ill have enough gear to start a bike rescue service. The trailer would work as a high and dry portable dog pen or camp out pad.

Last edited:
@1K9
I remember traveling to race tracks with my Dad having the front wheel tied down inside the trunk, chain removed and the rear wheel on the road surface.
Was a very common practice back in the 50s.
Last time Dad & I did this was trans my 85 900 ninja from Tacoma to San Diego this way back in 88.
Good Ol' Days!!!

@1K9
I remember traveling to race tracks with my Dad having the front wheel tied down inside the trunk, chain removed and the rear wheel on the road surface.
Was a very common practice back in the 50s.
Last time Dad & I did this was trans my 85 900 ninja from Tacoma to San Diego this way back in 88.
Good Ol' Days!!!

I remember having my son Rick, 13 y/o driving a car to Daytona so we could trailer back. He still tells the story and me too. We'r talking 1993. We both still ride.

I remember having my son Rick, 13 y/o driving a car to Daytona so we could trailer back. He still tells the story and me too. We'r talking 1993. We both still ride.

NOTHIN' beats hanging with DAD!!! :thumbsup: :inlove
So many terrific memories, I have . . . :inlove

Back