Best touring screen?

There is that fine line to tighten and not over tighten. Mine split about 6 months also. Like you I bought newer spacers that are a little shorter. They have held up for about a year and a half. I check every time I ride. I may get a tad more wind due to the shorter spacers but they have held up relatively well. At high speeds over 90+ I get hammered by the wind to my head but cruising at 80 to 85 not too bad. :thumbsup:

There is that fine line to tighten and not over tighten. Mine split about 6 months also. Like you I bought newer spacers that are a little shorter. They have held up for about a year and a half. I check every time I ride. I may get a tad more wind due to the shorter spacers but they have held up relatively well. At high speeds over 90+ I get hammered by the wind to my head but cruising at 80 to 85 not too bad. :thumbsup:
Man, it's hard to get them to stay tight without over doing it. The nylock nuts have helped where the blades connect to the middle pieces but these that go into the cowl bear a lot of weight with the adjustable bracket and two shields. I don't think nylon is the best choice for these spacers. I agree they need to be shorter, especially the top ones. Some brass 9mm cases look about right. 🤔

Back