Best Ramp

NOTHIN' beats hanging with DAD!!! :thumbsup: :inlove
So many terrific memories, I have . . . :inlove

Yeah, for me it is nothing beats hanging with Rick Jr and the boys in Florida. We used to dock the ski boat at a bar called Crocks. This was THE Houston wild biker hangout in the 90s. It got so wild they had to close it down.

Yeah, for me it is nothing beats hanging with Rick Jr and the boys in Florida. We used to dock the ski boat at a bar called Crocks. This was THE Houston wild biker hangout in the 90s. It got so wild they had to close it down.

Cool! You don't strike me as a wild-boy, loose-cannon type like me. :eek: :roll:
You must be a rare intelligent sleeper roudy-boy . . . :roll: :p

10 feet is ok you will always have your feet touching the ramp except when the engine passes the edge of the ramp that is only seconds so should not be dangerous I have a split 10 footer STEEL ramp ( two lengths) I also suggest put some feet under the middle where you connect both ramp to stop the wow in the ramp and the truck suspension from going down too much and finally and I speak from experience buy a cheap 2000 lbs winch mount it on a 2x4 across the front of the truck box secure it somehow and winch the bike up. till you do it you do not realize how safer it is versus bike power you can pull back from the box using the bike weight and use the front brake to control the descent let me know if I can help you with that project. hell I might even sell you my system if you want as I have sold the truck
I also suggest the lockdown system to hold the bike in the truck box it require NO STRAPS because the frame is held from the bottom to the platform and the bike does not pogo at all

I found one of those 4500 lb (2040KG) ATV winches cheap in a Flash sale here in Oz for AUD$153 (US$113) delivered.

I like the idea of soft rope rather than wire too. Will be able to use with my 10'x5' dual axle tipping trailer or the 7'x4' single axle one.

Currently AUD$170 which is still a good price.
https://www.sunyee.com.au/12v-4500l...ric-winch-wireless-remote-4wd-boat-truck.html

upload_2017-5-19_12-17-29.png

I found one of those 4500 lb (2040KG) ATV winches cheap in a Flash sale here in Oz for AUD$153 (US$113) delivered.

I like the idea of soft rope rather than wire too. Will be able to use with my 10'x5' dual axle tipping trailer or the 7'x4' single axle one.

12V Wireless 4500LBS / 2040KGS Electric Winch Synthetic Rope ATV 4WD Boat Remote

go for it ..I never thought of a soft rope but I just might switch to a softie much nicer indeed

12V Wireless 4500LBS / 2040KGS Electric Winch Synthetic Rope ATV 4WD Boat Remote

Found it here in USA for $99 delivered. Not bad. She synthetic cable reduces chances of dinging the bike. Would rig it on a removable board to fit between the bed and the cab. Get a car battery, put it in a plastic box and strap it in the back. The whole thing could be removed in minutes.

Got the ramps. Going to set them up Sunday. Will take some pics.

I agree that with the motor a controlled, slow load reduces risk substantially. Will most likely set it up like that. Plus I will carry an emergency battery.

Thank you mate.

Found it here in USA for $99 delivered. Not bad. She synthetic cable reduces chances of dinging the bike. Would rig it on a removable board to fit between the bed and the cab. Get a car battery, put it in a plastic box and strap it in the back. The whole thing could be removed in minutes.

Got the ramps. Going to set them up Sunday. Will take some pics.

I agree that with the motor a controlled, slow load reduces risk substantially. Will most likely set it up like that. Plus I will carry an emergency battery.

Thank you mate.
remember the simple and best winch board is a angle iron wider on one side where you mount the winch and the other side will slide between cab and truck box ..... done!!

just remember that a rope stretches and with a hook on the end it could be lethal.
was at the mud bogs and they were using a tow rope the guy had a 2x4 for a front bumper and it came off and hit a guy in the back calfs and upend him. :banghead:

remember the simple and best winch board is a angle iron wider on one side where you mount the winch and the other side will slide between cab and truck box ..... done!!
just remember that a rope stretches and with a hook on the end it could be lethal.
was at the mud bogs and they were using a tow rope the guy had a 2x4 for a front bumper and it came off and hit a guy in the back calfs and upend him. :banghead:

Yeah, the hook would have to come off. If it flew it would go into the back window. The issue now is preventing the rope from chafing on the tailgate when the bike is on the ground and one starts pulling. I have a hard folding bed cover so I might have to drill the front beam of the bed and mount the motor inverted, inside.

of coarse if the winch came loose it would be like a cannon ball:)

ok i will stop being negative.
i had a kendon motorcycle trailer that had a winch that mounted about three feet up never used it but it looked like the cats meow.

Back