Same, even though the wife is a good passenger, I went to a single seat and let her have the comfy lounge recliner.

Used to pillion my missus on my T'bird, then I convinced her to get her bike licence which she did, then she pillion-ed with me again one day, got of and said now she could ride she would never get on the back with me again. job done

Never even considered an over-the-seat pad. Neat idea, thanks a lot.

I'd like to keep my rocket from looking TOO much like a goldwing, but I do have to admit that the box and seat back look positively couch-like :)

I've just started taking her out. Started off slow, now she's punching me in the ribs to go faster. like a ****ed devil on my shoulder... :)

I'm really pleased with the work by Loren Mock of Baldwin Saddles. Have three seats by him -- one on the Rocket was explicitly to address pillion concerns.

Has anyone heard from him ? Anyone close enough to Baldwin City, Kansas to check on him ?

Last known address:

1515 Maple Leaf Ct
Baldwin City, KS 66006
It looks like his facebook page and website is down. I recall looking at a rather non functional website a little while ago, too. Whatever he's doing, it seems he's not selling seats online, if at all.

Mustang makes a great seat for the touring model. These prices are a little high compared what you can get them for if you search them out. Delaware Rider just posted a picture of his Mustang seat awhile ago.Unfortunately they don't make them for my standard or I'd already have one on my bike . I do have one on my RK that is 14 years old and has held up really well. My girlfriend loves it.
Triumph Motorcycle Parts, Accessories & Apparel

Attachments

• 22177_1252610432930_1531257_n.jpg
    22177_1252610432930_1531257_n.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 53644_203c549cb91368b71433a3e7dc970b48.jpg
    53644_203c549cb91368b71433a3e7dc970b48.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
does anyone have opinions on the best seat for your riding partner? Aside from the Russell seats, has anyone found the one choice gives a better ride than anything else? I'll take something of a sore butt if it'll keep my wife from bemoaning the medieval torture device I've "made" her endure.

She's reported the stock seat is good for around 45 minutes before she starts to notice discomfort. That's pretty good, all things considered, but I'm sure there are better options.

Gotta look out for your partner, after all. I get to drive; she can at least be comfy :)

Look in classified section here several seats for sale.

Back