It's really not difficult, once you get a computer and the appropriate cable (I'd recommend http://www.lonelec.co.uk - they are aware of what it has to be like to really work, it's not some chinese cheap garbage, even though it's pretty cheap). Once TuneECU is talking to the bike, it really is just a matter of downloading the tune into the bike per the instructions. Having the bike on a battery charger and pulling the headlight fuse to minimize power drain is recommended.

I realize that this is an old thread but I'm sure there are others new to changing tunes. Here's a link to an extremely helpful guide to the process of changing tunes.

TuneECU For Dummies -Installation Guide and Questions pertaining to Installation - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

I realize that this is an old thread but I'm sure there are others new to changing tunes. Here's a link to an extremely helpful guide to the process of changing tunes.

TuneECU For Dummies -Installation Guide and Questions pertaining to Installation - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

Excellent write up and easy to follow guide.

Yeahhh, I had not read it either. I have not connected to my ECU in a long time. Last time it was tuned, it was Warp99 in Fancy Gap.

Memory Lane

IMG_0962.JPG IMG_0961.JPG IMG_0957.JPG IMG_0945.JPG IMG_0942.JPG IMG_0941.JPG IMG_0940.JPG IMG_0939.JPG IMG_0937.JPG

That was my first trip to The Smokey Mountains and The Blue Ridge.

Last edited:
Back