plongmire

.020 Over
Ride
2012 rocket 3 touring
I am not ready to change the pipes on my new bike yet, it is a 2012 with 2,500 miles. I added four hundred of those miles in the last three days :).

I am new to tunes and the whole idea of plugging into my computer, kind of freaked out that i might screw something up. but looking for the tune that would remove the restrictions from the manufacture without messing up the tuning of the bike...

Most folks with Tourings seem to have opted for this.

I uploaded this tune last year as well. Have to say it's the best improvement I've made to my bike. Real increase in power and torque, most noticeable in the lower gears. Great tune :thumbsup:

I am not ready to change the pipes on my new bike yet, it is a 2012 with 2,500 miles. I added four hundred of those miles in the last three days :).

I am new to tunes and the whole idea of plugging into my computer, kind of freaked out that i might screw something up. but looking for the tune that would remove the restrictions from the manufacture without messing up the tuning of the bike...
Hands down, do a site search for powertripps derestricting tune, lots of info, tune is posted, changes your r3t completely.

There's a thread about derestricting the R3T right here in this forum, as others have said. It has Power-tripp's tune and lots of info about how to apply it etc. Best thing I ever did on my bike too, instead of starting to cough like an asthmatic hamster at 4k revs when you try to really accelerate, it now revs cleanly to 6k and pulls like a freight train at 5k or so where the horsepower peak hits.

http://www.r3owners.net/threads/r3t-derestricting.16023/

@HansO has made a few little adjustments to the power-tripp tune for my ramair and tors but i recall he modified the original tune a little for a slightly better response.

Message him

Probably only need to tweak if you have more air going in with a Ramair or other separate filters, though. The ideal way to know would be to put it on a dyno, I have a friend who's actually setting one up, may well do that once it's on.

I need someone close to Houston to show me how to do this the first time. Im scared I will screw something up

Back