ThePhoinix

.060 Over
does anyone have opinions on the best seat for your riding partner? Aside from the Russell seats, has anyone found the one choice gives a better ride than anything else? I'll take something of a sore butt if it'll keep my wife from bemoaning the medieval torture device I've "made" her endure.

She's reported the stock seat is good for around 45 minutes before she starts to notice discomfort. That's pretty good, all things considered, but I'm sure there are better options.

Gotta look out for your partner, after all. I get to drive; she can at least be comfy :)

does anyone have opinions on the best seat for your riding partner? Aside from the Russell seats, has anyone found the one choice gives a better ride than anything else? I'll take something of a sore butt if it'll keep my wife from bemoaning the medieval torture device I've "made" her endure.

She's reported the stock seat is good for around 45 minutes before she starts to notice discomfort. That's pretty good, all things considered, but I'm sure there are better options.

Gotta look out for your partner, after all. I get to drive; she can at least be comfy :)

my wife cannot stand the little pad so called pillion seat so I made a foam seat that goes over and around the OEM in a hugging shape and with a taller back rest everything has now changed for her all very simple and cheap

You might consider the ButtyBuddy (for wife or significant other only). It seems to have good reviews and comes in two configurations- over seat or stand alone (on rear fender). Fairly cheap on Ebay. The only turn off is the name! What was the inventor thinking when he came across that name. Some however have taken black permanent marker to hide the embossed name on the seat.

I mounted a Mustang pillion pad for my wife. In fact the same pad has been on my last three bikes, Honda VTX1800, 05 Rocket standard and now a 14 Touring
DSC01534.JPG

I'm really pleased with the work by Loren Mock of Baldwin Saddles. Have three seats by him -- one on the Rocket was explicitly to address pillion concerns.

Has anyone heard from him ? Anyone close enough to Baldwin City, Kansas to check on him ?

Last known address:

1515 Maple Leaf Ct
Baldwin City, KS 66006

I mounted a Mustang pillion pad for my wife. In fact the same pad has been on my last three bikes, Honda VTX1800, 05 Rocket standard and now a 14 Touring
DSC01534.JPG
I love what you did with your bike. That is exactly what I want to do when I find an R3T.

I use a Saddleman Gel seat pad for my pillion. It is OK for a 2-3 hour ride with a few stops. I had an Ultimate Seat on my first Valkyrie that my wife says was the most comfortable seat we have ever had.

Back