2016 Roadster with Platt 3 into 1 and Ramair tune

Defsysman

Standard Bore
Ride
2016 Roadster
Hello everyone, I'm a new owner, the previous owner had installed the RamAir and a Carpenter Racing Sidewinder Exhaust. After destroying two pairs of pants on the first significant rides I had enough and pulled the pipes and installed a Dave Platt 3 into 1 long setup. I am trying to sort out the tune and a couple other things that I noticed in the process. I noticed that all three cylinders appear to run differently. The "front" cylinder closest to the front tire inside was mostly black when I looked in after removing the pipes. The middle cylinder was less black and the back cylinder closest to the seat had almost no black and was almost white. So I'm guessing it is very lean but I'm no mechanic, maybe the front one is overly rich. I took pictures that I can share if necessary but anyone have some input and a tuneecu tune they can recommend? This condition was prior to the new exhaust and any tune changes. My plan when the freezing weather ends is to get it to the dealer if I can't settle it first. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello everyone, I'm a new owner, the previous owner had installed the RamAir and a Carpenter Racing Sidewinder Exhaust. After destroying two pairs of pants on the first significant rides I had enough and pulled the pipes and installed a Dave Platt 3 into 1 long setup. I am trying to sort out the tune and a couple other things that I noticed in the process. I noticed that all three cylinders appear to run differently. The "front" cylinder closest to the front tire inside was mostly black when I looked in after removing the pipes. The middle cylinder was less black and the back cylinder closest to the seat had almost no black and was almost white. So I'm guessing it is very lean but I'm no mechanic, maybe the front one is overly rich. I took pictures that I can share if necessary but anyone have some input and a tuneecu tune they can recommend? This condition was prior to the new exhaust and any tune changes. My plan when the freezing weather ends is to get it to the dealer if I can't settle it first. Thanks in advance for your help.
I had a full Carpenter job done on my 2007 Rocket. ( Over$6500) . I left the stock pipes on so only got 208 RWHP on the dyno. I had several problems with the timing and dropped an intake valve within 700 miles! No more Carpenter for me!

Back