What year of seat?

canecorso

The custom seat man
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
I bought this seat awhile ago thought it was for a 05 but the back part wouldn't click it,
So fooling around with it I end up putting a half inch plastic spacer behind the bracket moving it forward.
Then putting a half inch hard foam underneath, and it now fits a 05:)
I guess it's for a earlyer model that the fender is higher, does anyone know what year this will be for?
I'm going to do a compleat make over , I'm going to make back seat longer and wider and make drive seat wider with lower back support:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1
It kinda looks like the stock seat for my Touring, I remember you sent me a pic before on it. I know the Roadsters and Tourings have a different mounting system.

Yeah it does look like your seat, what year of bike is yours?
I’m not sure I had this seat when I did yours, perhaps it was my Corbin seat I sent you?

Do what I did in pictures, the messurmet from Back point to seat mecinsum in middle measure 8 1/2 inches made the holes as a slit , when I finally got it that was the messument, drove me crazy it’s so hard to see up there so it was a guessing game, but it works.
I would guess this seat is for the years that have the narrow fender with smaller tire, So passenger latch sticks out , with the 240 tire you need to reach under and pull, it works:)

In stead of putting the half inch foam under to raise the bracket , you can always just Replace the smaller rubber glids to 1 inch rubber Giids, there’s another name for them but my brain is not working today lol

Back