TTS Supercharger Kits

Actually the idea came from when I was doing a lot of 4x4 stuff. In this case they had to remove a slip yoke from a transfer case, then cut, drill and tap the splined shaft to hold the new yoke. Having the shaft rotate while cutting and drilling was helpful for a straight cut and help keep the drill centered. Of course you could just pull it all apart and send it in to be machined as well.

I've never tried to center drill a shaft before but would it be something done while the motor is running to ensure it is drilled exact middle?
Yes it can be drilled with the motor running--- as long as you can spin yourself and your drill around at the same RPM, and when you do please take a video with your spare hand so we can all see how it is done.:eek::D

Thank you for all the messages.

I was not aware that the clutch lifter piece had been changed/upgraded although i did hear that there
was a problem with the ends snapping off them.

I have sent Richard a email and am waiting for his reply.It might be an idea to purchase the newer type
pressure plate if it is compatible with the old type basket i have.

The plan is to get the kit installed and take things easy for awhile and see things perform.I am not 100% sure if any upgrades
have been done to the bike by the previous owner but there are no gearbox or other issues i am aware of.

For me drilling the crank is the most difficult part of the install so hopefully the rest will be plain sailing..

Any helpful advise from you guys is very much appreciated..

Ant

Thank you for all the messages.

I was not aware that the clutch lifter piece had been changed/upgraded although i did hear that there
was a problem with the ends snapping off them.

I have sent Richard a email and am waiting for his reply.It might be an idea to purchase the newer type
pressure plate if it is compatible with the old type basket i have.

The plan is to get the kit installed and take things easy for awhile and see things perform.I am not 100% sure if any upgrades
have been done to the bike by the previous owner but there are no gearbox or other issues i am aware of.

For me drilling the crank is the most difficult part of the install so hopefully the rest will be plain sailing..

Any helpful advise from you guys is very much appreciated..

Ant

You will also need the newer pressure plate bearing, ball bearing T1170067 (17X35X8)

Let us know if you run into any hardship, there's a couple of captains on here who've fitted the kit and experienced the lols. Like getting the hydraulic clutch set right...

Actually if you had the dimensions you could bore the old plate fot the newer bearing its all that changed. And you loose the big thrust washer that road on the toorington needle roller. So the answer is yes the newer plat will fit the old basket
In fact the only different in the old basket is the plates on the backlash eliminator which are .030" thinner.

Back