TTS Supercharger Kits

Just a quick update.I phoned my local Triumph dealer to ask about the clutch pressure plate upgrade but didn't really know about
that parts had been changed.

I will order the new bearing T1170067.

Please can anyone confirm that T1170061 is correct part number for the revised pressure plate.

Yesterday i fitted the front cover and fitted the new injectors with the new injector plugs.The next job is to mount the supercharger and route
the oil lines,filter,cooler etc..

Thank you again for your help..

T1170021 (the old pressure plate, goes with the old needle roller thrust bearing)

upload_2018-8-10_7-22-14.png

T1170061 is the newer one, goes with the ball bearing

Want to sell me your old pressure plate? :)

T1170021 (the old pressure plate, goes with the old needle roller thrust bearing)

upload_2018-8-10_7-22-14.png

T1170061 is the newer one, goes with the ball bearing

Want to sell me your old pressure plate? :)

Thanks for the photos.Just ordered the new pressure plate and bearing should be here Tuesday.

When i have removed all the parts and fully installed the kit i will probably sell all the removed parts...The old pressure plate is yours.

Ant

More problems with the fitting of TTS kit.

Today i checked the Rotrex fitting instruction and it states that the oil canister,the cooler and the filter should be
mounted below or level with the shaft of the supercharger.TTS installation guide states best place for the canister is in the
old air box under the seat..

Please could someone that has a kit fitted kindly post photos of the location of the oil system for the supercharger..

I need to contact TTS again as when the oil cooler for the supercharger was powder coated the fittings were not
taped up and i would think powder coating has gone inside too.:(

More problems with the fitting of TTS kit.

Today i checked the Rotrex fitting instruction and it states that the oil canister,the cooler and the filter should be
mounted below or level with the shaft of the supercharger.TTS installation guide states best place for the canister is in the
old air box under the seat..

Please could someone that has a kit fitted kindly post photos of the location of the oil system for the supercharger..

I need to contact TTS again as when the oil cooler for the supercharger was powder coated the fittings were not
taped up and i would think powder coating has gone inside too.:(
Dang I did 43,000 miles with mine in the wrong place:D

The new clutch pressure plate and bearing have arrived.I have pressed in the bearing so hopefully it is already to fit.

Just to make sure that i have not missed anything,does the lifter just pull on the bearing with no washers etc..
WP_20180815_003.jpg

I have another question please.

The oil hose on the supercharger from the outlet to the oil cooler enters at the top and exits at the
bottom of the cooler and then returns to the top of the canister.

Is this is correct please.

Ant

I have another question please.

The oil hose on the supercharger from the outlet to the oil cooler enters at the top and exits at the
bottom of the cooler and then returns to the top of the canister.

Is this is correct please.

Ant

Correct

The Rotrex tech manual shows the diagram below (which is no help lol) but yes I have mine in the arrangement that you describe.
Just because i reckoned heat travels up, it's best to put the hot stuff in the top end of the thing that's supposed to cool i.e. the heat is being taken away in the opposite direction to the flow of liquid. This is the way cooling radiators, towers etc work

Also if you take the diagram below and orientate the cooler upright with fitting facing into bike (you'd hardly have them pointing out), it ends up in the same position as photograph

upload_2018-8-25_10-30-42.png

Back