Russell Day Long.....Ya Baby!!

Well Dawg, I have to admit that the seat does look extremely comfortable but from an aesthetics perspective (and this is my own) it just doesn't do it for me. It looks like the bike has been outfitted with a sofa similar to the ones mounted on the Gold Wing. Please don't take this wrong. I don't doubt it isn't a quality product but it just doesn't fit the bikes profile. To each his own.

No offense for me but you can't see the seat when you are sitting on it and it makes the ride so much better. In person, I've found that the seat actually matches the size of the bike much better than stock

Lol, thanks and no problem. I spent a few minuets sitting in the saddle getting a feel for the new seat, unfortunately its winter here so no time on this saddle as of yet, all I can say is that I'm very impressed so far. I did notice that in order for me to put my foot down I will have to slide forward a little when I stop but I don't see that to be a problem.
I just bought I 2015 Roadster with 1500 miles on it I'm looking at the Russell seat as an option. Can you tell me your inseam. And the sliding forward to be no problem with me. Thank You

I just bought I 2015 Roadster with 1500 miles on it I'm looking at the Russell seat as an option. Can you tell me your inseam. And the sliding forward to be no problem with me. Thank You

Not me but at 6’-1” with 32” inseam and boots I can hold the bike up (2012 R3R) but it’s y’all for sure. Comfort of the seat makes up for the few times I have to stop...

That said - their craftsmanship in covering is terrible and they have zero willingness to even fix it

Not me but at 6’-1” with 32” inseam and boots I can hold the bike up (2012 R3R) but it’s y’all for sure. Comfort of the seat makes up for the few times I have to stop...

That said - their craftsmanship in covering is terrible and they have zero willingness to even fix it
thank you very much for the information

are the problems with the craftsmanship enough so as you would not purchase again

The seat is confortavle enough that I would order again and again...but I would get the cheapest crappiest covering I could and then take it to a real upholstery shop for the final cover after the break-in period.

I’ve got an ugly wrinkle right on the top of the seat and they told me it’s jist part of having leather... wish I had a pic to show you how bad it is

The seat is confortavle enough that I would order again and again...but I would get the cheapest crappiest covering I could and then take it to a real upholstery shop for the final cover after the break-in period.

I’ve got an ugly wrinkle right on the top of the seat and they told me it’s jist part of having leather... wish I had a pic to show you how bad it is

Kevin, did you try going up the chain of command? I've had three all leather seats from them. I've never had anything like you describe.

Kevin, did you try going up the chain of command? I've had three all leather seats from them. I've never had anything like you describe.

Yep, and I’ve still got the emails with Kim (I’m pretty sure was her name) and called, and everything I could. Even sent the pics and told her she wouldn’t live with that bad if craftsmanship either. I’ll post a pic later so you all can see how bad it is

Back