Russell Day Long.....Ya Baby!!

Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
Good day all, about a month ago I made the decision to go with the Russell Day Long saddle, all leather, as my next upgrade to my 2014 R3R. Even though I don't get to spend anytime in the saddle until next spring, I'll tell you this, this saddle is the money! As soon as I sat down I could feel a massive difference from stock.
I purchased the driver seat backrest which takes aproximatly 5 seconds to install and remove and it's completely adjustable. It folds down onto the drivers seat and after you swing your leg over you simply lift it up into position. I love this thing! I also had them add the pouch to the back of the seat of which I have to say is quite large, I was suprised at the size of the backrest and the pouch. I also paid to have the stock pillion backrest recovered. The pillion seat was also custom fitted to my wife.
Can't wait till spring!
Here a couple pics of the i boxing and installed.
Cheers
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Looks comfortable,just curious what was tally on the price.

That seat seat looks great on your Roadster! My Rocket comes in, in March and will come with a single seat. How is installation, easy? I want to get a pillion for my wife. Is the pillion part easy on easy off(Quik release) I like the look of a single seat but would like to slap the rear seat on for the wife when she rides which isn't very often. Also does the pillion interfere with the fender? Does it look like it might scuff it up over time.

Your bike looks great!!

Dave

That seat seat looks great on your Roadster! My Rocket comes in, in March and will come with a single seat. How is installation, easy? I want to get a pillion for my wife. Is the pillion part easy on easy off(Quik release) I like the look of a single seat but would like to slap the rear seat on for the wife when she rides which isn't very often. Also does the pillion interfere with the fender? Does it look like it might scuff it up over time.

Your bike looks great!!

Dave
There is no issue with the install as Russell Day Long use the original seat pans, driver and pillion. I'm not sure what you mean as to the pillion seat interfere with the rear fender. There are three hex screws behind the drivers seat that secures the pillion seat to the bike. The stock pillion frame (seat pan) sits on top of the rear fender and there are 4 rubber feet that come in contact with the fender. Over time with a passenger I imagine these feet will leave marks on top of the fender. Keep in mind that this is all on the Roadster, I'm not familiar with the seat setup on the touring edition. image.jpg image.jpg

Lol, thanks and no problem. I spent a few minuets sitting in the saddle getting a feel for the new seat, unfortunately its winter here so no time on this saddle as of yet, all I can say is that I'm very impressed so far. I did notice that in order for me to put my foot down I will have to slide forward a little when I stop but I don't see that to be a problem.

Back