Rocket nearly killed me

It is not a nice feeling having the back wheel catchin up to the front wheel in the wet .im type of nervous riding quickly on wet roads riding over white markings on the road when wet I always seem to feel the slightest twitches in both tyres :thumbsdown:

It is not a nice feeling having the back wheel catchin up to the front wheel in the wet .im type of nervous riding quickly on wet roads riding over white markings on the road when wet I always seem to feel the slightest twitches in both tyres :thumbsdown:

That feeling is actually called CAUTION Pete :x3: it's meant to slow people down .. normal level headed people anyway ..haha

Sounds not unlike what happened to Cobba (RIP). I'd be moving to a new ride too; great way to get rid of the heeby jeebies.
Rocket has way too much power to be ridden spiritedly in the wet.

Sounds not unlike what happened to Cobba (RIP). I'd be moving to a new ride too; great way to get rid of the heeby jeebies.
Rocket has way too much power to be ridden spiritedly in the wet.
I was thinking about the similarity with Cobba too. Did anyone hear if the cause of Cobba's accident was discovered.

I've not heard .. Malcy would have mentioned it if a cause had been found. Malcy has stayed in touch with Cobbas wife.

Manic, love the name and the intestinal fortitude you have in getting back on. I've had two get offs that broke me bones and the caution TC mentions is there more often the my inner childs wants it to be. Good luck with your new ride....

I am certainly glad you survived both lock-ups. I agree. I believe the tranny is what caused the first problem. What year was the bike? I bet it is a pre-09 and didn't have a tranny upgrade. Were you having the notorious second gear problems before the first high side incident? I'm wondering if a broken dog off a gear fouled up the works.

Last edited:
Back