Rocket nearly killed me

I am certainly glad you survived both lock-ups. I agree. I believe the tranny is what caused the first problem. What year was the bike? I be it is a pre-09 and didn't have a tranny upgrade. Were you having the notorious second gear problems before the first high side incident? I'm wondering if a broken dog off a gear fouled up the works.
It was an 05. no tranny upgrade.

I was on a run with a group moving pretty good when we hit a hard turn covered in gravel the group forgot all the rules and went into survival mode(every man for himself) I was on the low side and the bike in front of me slowed and straightened moving from right to center giving me nowhere so I let off the gas turned without leaning and nearly made it when the guys behind me ran into me 1 than a second later another one.to this day i'm leary leaning into turns.I see sand or gravel I nearly panic.

I was on a run with a group moving pretty good when we hit a hard turn covered in gravel the group forgot all the rules and went into survival mode(every man for himself) I was on the low side and the bike in front of me slowed and straightened moving from right to center giving me nowhere so I let off the gas turned without leaning and nearly made it when the guys behind me ran into me 1 than a second later another one.to this day i'm leary leaning into turns.I see sand or gravel I nearly panic.
THATS the problem with riding the twisty public roads you never know whats around the next turn

I am certainly glad you survived both lock-ups. I agree. I believe the tranny is what caused the first problem. What year was the bike? I be it is a pre-09 and didn't have a tranny upgrade. Were you having the notorious second gear problems before the first high side incident? I'm wondering if a broken dog off a gear fouled up the works.
I had à similar expierence on my 05 classic.It had rained hard and road was pretty slick.I got off interstate onto to downward sloping road off rampto fill up gas ,had slowed down was probably doing 20-25 mph.

Then suddenly the rear wheel swayed left and then right,I didn't do anything it recovered by itself but threw me almost half foot in air off seat.Think my front wheels were locked up and rear wanted to keep going

That's the very reason I never "tailgate" another rider ,as sometimes the rider rides faster than he is capable of because he doesn't want to be overtaken, anyone tailgates me and wants to pass I just let em go , too many offskees for this old dog,I ride at the speed I feel comfortable at and wont speed up to prove nothing,:cautious:

Back