Don't bother with the resistor mod. That was for the days before TuneECU, or even other much more expensive options. You can remove the speed limiter with TuneECU, or at least move it to somewhere you will never reach. However, if you do reach it, I want to see the video. :)

Most of the 1200 Bonnie's motors have locked ECU's, DealerTool is about All you can use on them and then it is only for maintenance purposes.
If Triumph plan to keep making the Rocket for a lot of the EU countries they will end up locking the ECU on the Rocket as Well so they can comply to the new Emissions Standards, my Explorer is Locked but I'm a glad to say it runs smooth as silk and goes like a cut snake if you get on it and I am not intending to find it's speed limiter

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge - part of the Euro4 thing is that ECU's simply break if one attempts to modify.
iirc a guy with a tamperproof Tiger was hit with punitive bill as ONLY the factory (not even dealers) can reflash.

The future for new bikes will be PIGGY-BACK devices.
Though I know from my neighbour that some car ECUs can detect even this.
Like the infamous programming by VW - the ECU can be programmed to expect certain conditions.
Generic PiggyBacks may not be enough.

Back