PowerBronze Windscreen

Im roughly 5'8" or 173 cm. Maybe ill take my changes with the small one
Give it a shot, it's not that expensive anyway and it looks good IMO and fits well.

it won't fit with the GT Touring screen rubbers, different spacing as said before. You have to angle the bolts inwards to suit the curve of the PB screen and match with the holes through the aluminium trim pieces. They are the same as the spacing on my 2 screens from your previous shots.

TIP don't tighten anything at first just keep them loose whilst getting them all in at the right angles. It's a tricky process but I've done it about 5 times now.

Try this:
1. put the shorter PB spacers under the bottom holes of the PB screen and put the fibre washers on the bolts and poke them through the bottom holes in to the shorter PB supplied spacers.
2. offer the lower screen up to the face plate/aluminium trim whilst holding the spacers and bolts in place and screw 1 at a time a few turns lightly so as not to cross the threads... keep them loose to allow movement of the screen and alow you to manipulate placement
3. lift the screen to allow you to get your hand behind the screen and place the first longer spacer under one of the top holes on the PB screen and put a bolt with washer through the hole in to the top hole on the faceplate/aluminium trim
4. repeat for the 2nd top bolt.
5. tighten the bolts by hand all the way up bit by bit and voila! (hopefully).... as I said, the bolts lean inwards a little like this _\ __ /_

pb.JPG

I know it's a different size of screen, but it's a front view to show that the bolts lean inwards at an angle... it IS the same for the 2 part larger Powerbronze Powerblade screen too, I'm 101% certain as the screens all fit in the same place.

If yours still does not fit, then I would contact PB support.
G’day MrPix,
I have a GT/ screen and was considering the medium PB screen. From your experience does that screen direct the airflow over your head. If so, what is your height, I am 176 cm.
TIA
Cheers Ruddy

G’day MrPix,
I have a GT/ screen and was considering the medium PB screen. From your experience does that screen direct the airflow over your head. If so, what is your height, I am 176 cm.
TIA
Cheers Ruddy
Ruddy, I have the medium Powerbronze screen and yes, it does direct the airflow over my head (I'm 6 feet tall)

Ruddy, I have the medium Powerbronze screen and yes, it does direct the airflow over my head (I'm 6 feet tall)
G’day G Williams,
Thanks for the response I was hoping the medium would be large enough to use for interstate touring.
Cheers Ruddy

G’day MrPix,
TIA
Cheers Ruddy
It's not just about the screen... it's about some other factors... where your head/body is positioned is absolutely vital to the effectiveness of the screen. The problem with the small/medium PB screens is that they are not adjustable to accomodate differences between the R and GT and rider's height.

I'm 181cm and with the R bars (I have an R) the 475mm screen is close to perfect... BUT I have recently changed to the GT bars and it is now close to useless with the R seat. I am now changing the seat to the GT seat because with my body position change, the R seat with the GT bars is not too comfortable for more than 30 miles, I get a numb cocxyx!

Last night I swapped to the small PB screen (which I found close to useless with R bars and seat) and it is better in my current combo, but suspect that when I have the GT seat combined with the GT bars the 475mm screen will work again.

If only there were adjustments that could be made to the screens!!

It's not just about the screen... it's about some other factors... where your head/body is positioned is absolutely vital to the effectiveness of the screen. The problem with the small/medium PB screens is that they are not adjustable to accomodate differences between the R and GT and rider's height.

I'm 181cm and with the R bars (I have an R) the 475mm screen is close to perfect... BUT I have recently changed to the GT bars and it is now close to useless with the R seat. I am now changing the seat to the GT seat because with my body position change, the R seat with the GT bars is not too comfortable for more than 30 miles, I get a numb cocxyx!

Last night I swapped to the small PB screen (which I found close to useless with R bars and seat) and it is better in my current combo, but suspect that when I have the GT seat combined with the GT bars the 475mm screen will work again.

Are you sure swapping to the GT seat is the way to go? Just curious as it is a common complaint in the tests i have watched/read that the GT seat is worse than the R concerning tail bone woes. Also the GT seat will probably put you back to square one regarding footpegs/seat ratio, no?
EDIT: As far as i am concerned, a 3 cm riser would be the ticket i think, if i hook my fingers over the hand grips using the first two joints it feels noticeably better.

G’day Mr Pix,
Agreed screens are extremely subjective as everyone is different and simply adjusting the preload can affect the airflow, changing bars and or foot peg position also changes things. I am hopeful the medium PB on my GT will work but it’s a gamble as their is no adjustment to fine tune things.

Are you sure swapping to the GT seat is the way to go? Just curious as it is a common complaint in the tests i have watched/read that the GT seat is worse than the R concerning tail bone woes. Also the GT seat will probably put you back to square one regarding footpegs/seat ratio, no?
I don't think 5/8" on the footrest height is a massive issue, the GT seat is lower granted, but it is also further back and has a more shallow angle so nothing will be numbing my tailbone (hopefully)... besides, I am 'borrowing' a GT seat at the weekend to see the difference :)

I don't think 5/8" on the footrest height is a massive issue, the GT seat is lower granted, but it is also further back and has a more shallow angle so nothing will be numbing my tailbone (hopefully)... besides, I am 'borrowing' a GT seat at the weekend to see the difference :)
I was just concerned mate. Good job you can try before you buy! 👍

How did you get on with the GT seat mate?

Back