PowerBronze Windscreen

Thanks again for all who tried putting me out of my misey! I really do appreciate it!😁 especially mr. Pix.
Didn't really like appearance of a shield, now I have 2! Hope to get used to it. Set at highest, will try when temp drops to 100. I may be ok with lower setting windwise. Can't see front appearace cause of sun.
Last picsis lower position. Better.

Attachments

• 20200624_141233.jpg
    20200624_141233.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200624_141129.jpg
    20200624_141129.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 20200624_154722.jpg
    20200624_154722.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 20200624_154714.jpg
    20200624_154714.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
FYI. I ordered the adjustable one thinking that was the taller screen by the photo. It was a little shorter, 455mm vs 475mm and more expensive. My problem was the baseplate, a smaller screen with holes for bracket assembly, does not fit my bike!! Holes off by .5 inch. Waiting for Monday for email response. Anyone who orders one, make sure baseplate holes are 5 inches apart widthwise, not 5.5. This is adjustable though for those that want it higher or lower with a quick lever push.
I appreciate that.
The other screens, not adustable like mine, fit directly onto the bike. Mine does not, the screen is bolted to the bracket assembly which is bolted to a smaller screen called a baseplate. Those 4 holes on the baseplate that attach to the bike are 5.5 inches( 2 on top and 2 on bottom) apart. The bike holes are 5 inches apart. Unless i mismeasured! I hope I am the idiot here and not powerbronze! Unfortunately I fear I am not.
FYI. I ordered the adjustable one thinking that was the taller screen by the photo. It was a little shorter, 455mm vs 475mm and more expensive. My problem was the baseplate, a smaller screen with holes for bracket assembly, does not fit my bike!! Holes off by .5 inch. Waiting for Monday for email response. Anyone who orders one, make sure baseplate holes are 5 inches apart widthwise, not 5.5. This is adjustable though for those that want it higher or lower with a quick lever push.
Hi, Do the hole centres not come right when the spacers are in position. There is a slight convex to the mounting and the centres at the top of the spacers are about 5.5inches when assembled.

Hi, Do the hole centres not come right when the spacers are in position. There is a slight convex to the mounting and the centres at the top of the spacers are about 5.5inches when assembled.
As stated on my last post my mistake was thinking the bolts had to go into the holes STAIGHT to avoid cross threading. No so. Learn something everyday. Shield fits fine. Thanks!

Maurice, are you trying to fit the PB it to the black mounts under the OEM screen or are you removing the black mounts and replacing with the brushed aluminium covers then mounting the PB screen? .. the latter method is the correct one, it won't fit on the OEM GT screen mounts
If you wanted to use the black mounts from the GT oem screen to gain extra height and more upright stance, you will need to drill new holes (which is not the end of the world) but, if you decide to do this, use masking tape either side where you want to drill, use a blunt drill (you can blunt the drill bit by dabbing the drill bit into concrete) and let the drill work it’s way through the Perspex slowly. This will avoid the possibility of cracking the screen as you drill.

Fyi update:
After repeated hwy riding, screen adjusted at top position tilted toward me provides great wind protection. I can ride with helmet face mask open with no problem at least to 60 mph, did not try faster that way. Oem screen only about 15 mph. Much more relaxing at 80+. Screen tilted away from me sucked, wind goes over screen then hits me in the helmet. Down position not optimal. I'm 6' 1".

I love internet forums. Small bits of info like this will save so much headache.

Have anyone tried the small shield yet? Does it do anything for comfort? Id fancy some protection for longer rides but would like to keep it as small as possible for style.

I love internet forums. Small bits of info like this will save so much headache.

Have anyone tried the small shield yet? Does it do anything for comfort? Id fancy some protection for longer rides but would like to keep it as small as possible for style.
No go for me (190 cm's tall) it directed a typhoon of air at my neck and made a lot of wind noise in helmet.

No go for me (190 cm's tall) it directed a typhoon of air at my neck and made a lot of wind noise in helmet.

As I am less the 6', the small shield is good for me. Yesterday after nearly two hours riding with some wind, average 75 mph, using a jet helmet, I had avery good sleep at night 👍🏼.

I am afraid that using the Schubert helmet, I will get some fine as the noise will decrease while riding and my speed will increase ...

As I am less the 6', the small shield is good for me. Yesterday after nearly two hours riding with some wind, average 75 mph, using a jet helmet, I had avery good sleep at night 👍🏼.

I am afraid that using the Schubert helmet, I will get some fine as the noise will decrease while riding and my speed will increase ...

Im roughly 5'8" or 173 cm. Maybe ill take my changes with the small one

Back