il ce monte sur les fixations en aluminium sans probléme

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_204855.jpg
    IMG_20200609_204855.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20200609_204818.jpg
    IMG_20200609_204818.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 109
It's a no go **** it! Can anyone tell from pics what I am missing? Following instructions I removed oem screen with brushed metal pieces, then removed black rubber pieces. Replaced brushed metal pieces on the bikes base plate. I took pic of distance between two top bolts showing 5 inches. PB base plate is suppose to screw into those holes with brushed metal. Pic shows PB base plate holes 5.5 inches! I place it over holes to verify and no way. I put rubber pieces back and tried putting PB base plate over those holes just to try anything possible, pic showing a bolt on left top side and although hard to see, holes on right don't match. Even lifting it up more as I did. This is the closest I can get to making it fit. Wondering if forcing bolts through rubber gromett holes is what one does. Doubt it. Any insights to the problem?

Attachments

• 20200623_164145.jpg
    20200623_164145.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 20200622_073948.jpg
    20200622_073948.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 20200623_164727.jpg
    20200623_164727.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20200623_170016.jpg
    20200623_170016.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 69
it won't fit with the GT Touring screen rubbers, different spacing as said before. You have to angle the bolts inwards to suit the curve of the PB screen and match with the holes through the aluminium trim pieces. They are the same as the spacing on my 2 screens from your previous shots.

TIP don't tighten anything at first just keep them loose whilst getting them all in at the right angles. It's a tricky process but I've done it about 5 times now.

Try this:
1. put the shorter PB spacers under the bottom holes of the PB screen and put the fibre washers on the bolts and poke them through the bottom holes in to the shorter PB supplied spacers.
2. offer the lower screen up to the face plate/aluminium trim whilst holding the spacers and bolts in place and screw 1 at a time a few turns lightly so as not to cross the threads... keep them loose to allow movement of the screen and alow you to manipulate placement
3. lift the screen to allow you to get your hand behind the screen and place the first longer spacer under one of the top holes on the PB screen and put a bolt with washer through the hole in to the top hole on the faceplate/aluminium trim
4. repeat for the 2nd top bolt.
5. tighten the bolts by hand all the way up bit by bit and voila! (hopefully).... as I said, the bolts lean inwards a little like this _\ __ /_

pb.JPG

I know it's a different size of screen, but it's a front view to show that the bolts lean inwards at an angle... it IS the same for the 2 part larger Powerbronze Powerblade screen too, I'm 101% certain as the screens all fit in the same place.

If yours still does not fit, then I would contact PB support.

it won't fit with the GT Touring screen rubbers, different spacing as said before. You have to angle the bolts inwards to suit the curve of the PB screen and match with the holes through the aluminium trim pieces. They are the same as the spacing on my 2 screens from your previous shots.

TIP don't tighten anything at first just keep them loose whilst getting them all in at the right angles. It's a tricky process but I've done it about 5 times now.

Try this:
1. put the shorter PB spacers under the bottom holes of the PB screen and put the fibre washers on the bolts and poke them through the bottom holes in to the shorter PB supplied spacers.
2. offer the lower screen up to the face plate/aluminium trim whilst holding the spacers and bolts in place and screw 1 at a time a few turns lightly so as not to cross the threads... keep them loose to allow movement of the screen and alow you to manipulate placement
3. lift the screen to allow you to get your hand behind the screen and place the first longer spacer under one of the top holes on the PB screen and put a bolt with washer through the hole in to the top hole on the faceplate/aluminium trim
4. repeat for the 2nd top bolt.
5. tighten the bolts by hand all the way up bit by bit and voila! (hopefully).... as I said, the bolts lean inwards a little like this _\ __ /_

pb.JPG

I know it's a different size of screen, but it's a front view to show that the bolts lean inwards at an angle... it IS the same for the 2 part larger Powerbronze Powerblade screen too, I'm 101% certain as the screens all fit in the same place.

If yours still does not fit, then I would contact PB support.
I think I see my problem: could not get how the bolt could possibly be threaded at an angle! Thought since prior bolts went straight in to straight hole, had to be that way
Btw I stated above did not think it right to go into rubber gromett but it was closer distance than bike base plate.
Thank you so much for that Mr. Pix! Looking forward to later today!!

Back