Dave Cadden

Newby
Ride
2016 Rocket III roadster
Just picked up my 2023 GT. My 2016 factory windscreen for the roadster has been great for the long rides. I dont see Triumph offering a larger screen for the 2023 GT. Wondering if anyone has found an aftermarket they love. Being able to install and remove easily is important to me.

I guess I should ask. Since I only rode the machine about 12 miles from dealer to home (38 degrees and flurries) still fun. Any opinions on the performance of the factory installed fly screen? Regarding bugs and wind being directing up and over?

The OEM is great up to around 55 to 60 mph for me at 5'9". Over 60 mph it's like not having a screen at all and I get hammered by the wind. I think a lot has to do with your height in the saddle. Some larger guys have no problem with the OEM. The OEM does look best by far out of all the aftermarket shields in my opinion and I wish it worked better because it does look the business. I have a 18" clear Powerbronze that seems to be fine. It's not great although it works decent over 60 mph. At speeds over 90 mph it starts to bend down and doesn't keep wind off your face or chest but if you cruise around 75 to 85 mph it's fine and does look visually pleasing on the Rocket. Not a glowing endorsement but I would buy another one if this one goes tits up. There are a few more shields out there one being Madstad. Forum members seem to like that one also. Good luck.:thumbsup:

The OEM is great up to around 55 to 60 mph for me at 5'9". Over 60 mph it's like not having a screen at all and I get hammered by the wind. I think a lot has to do with your height in the saddle. Some larger guys have no problem with the OEM. The OEM does look best by far out of all the aftermarket shields in my opinion and I wish it worked better because it does look the business. I have a 18" clear Powerbronze that seems to be fine. It's not great although it works decent over 60 mph. At speeds over 90 mph it starts to bend down and doesn't keep wind off your face or chest but if you cruise around 75 to 85 mph it's fine and does look visually pleasing on the Rocket. Not a glowing endorsement but I would buy another one if this one goes tits up. There are a few more shields out there one being Madstad. Forum members seem to like that one also. Good luck.:thumbsup:
Thanks very much

IMG_0428.jpeg I just installed the Madstad 22" medium gray windscreen, test drive today. Two inch vertical adjustment plus tilt angles. I used their sizing video as the range is 18-24". The OEM flyscreen was just not enough. I'm 5'8" tall.

Madstad. Works great. I‘m 5’’11” and have the 22”. At the very highest setting, it pushes the wind over my helmet. I’m gonna order a custom 12” fly screen for around town use. 4 screws to swap it out using their mounts. .

One hour test drive today and I am enjoying the Madstad. I did stop and adjust the height to the tallest and the tilt about the same as for angle.; there are knobs built into the brackets. On the highway I can now listen to my music and phone calls through my helmet. No helmet buffeting either. The windscreens are easy to swap out if I decide to get a smaller on size for the summer.

Just picked up my 2023 GT. My 2016 factory windscreen for the roadster has been great for the long rides. I dont see Triumph offering a larger screen for the 2023 GT. Wondering if anyone has found an aftermarket they love. Being able to install and remove easily is important to me.

The clear versions are more stealth, less visible, which I prefer.

Back