PowerBronze Windscreen

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
FYI. I ordered the adjustable one thinking that was the taller screen by the photo. It was a little shorter, 455mm vs 475mm and more expensive. My problem was the baseplate, a smaller screen with holes for bracket assembly, does not fit my bike!! Holes off by .5 inch. Waiting for Monday for email response. Anyone who orders one, make sure baseplate holes are 5 inches apart widthwise, not 5.5. This is adjustable though for those that want it higher or lower with a quick lever push.

Last edited:
This one fit.

Attachments

• 20200621_120937.jpg
    20200621_120937.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 208
This one fit.
That looks like the smaller one. I ordered larger one.
Company called me to discuss situation that the adjustable one does not fit. I taped a tape measure showing inches 5.5, and my bike I need 5 inches. Waiting for him to get back with me. He did say 9 out of 10 calls are problems with fit on that product!!
Thanks for the thought.

Last edited:
This one fit.
That looks comparable to the sports screen. I really like the looks. It's perfect for back roads and around town but on all day trips it may be not enough for the constant beat down of he wind. That is unless you are Lupe and can go from the Sacramento area to his house in 2 days with a sports screen only if I recall correctly. Just a stud.

That looks comparable to the sports screen. I really like the looks. It's perfect for back roads and around town but on all day trips it may be not enough for the constant beat down of he wind. That is unless you are Lupe and can go from the Sacramento area to his house in 2 days with a sports screen only if I recall correctly. Just a stud.
At this point I'am going to stick with the Slipstream Spitfre handlebar mount not pretty but practical

FYI. I ordered the adjustable one thinking that was the taller screen by the photo. It was a little shorter, 455mm vs 475mm and more expensive. My problem was the baseplate, a smaller screen with holes for bracket assembly, does not fit my bike!! Holes off by .5 inch. Waiting for Monday for email response. Anyone who orders one, make sure baseplate holes are 6 inches apart widthwise, not 5.5. This is adjustable though for those that want it higher or lower with a quick lever push.
Maurice, are you trying to fit the PB it to the black mounts under the OEM screen or are you removing the black mounts and replacing with the brushed aluminium covers then mounting the PB screen? .. the latter method is the correct one, it won't fit on the OEM GT screen mounts

FYI. I ordered the adjustable one thinking that was the taller screen by the photo. It was a little shorter, 455mm vs 475mm and more expensive. My problem was the baseplate, a smaller screen with holes for bracket assembly, does not fit my bike!! Holes off by .5 inch. Waiting for Monday for email response. Anyone who orders one, make sure baseplate holes are 6 inches apart widthwise, not 5.5. This is adjustable though for those that want it higher or lower with a quick lever push.
This is probably a dumb and redundant question, but did you make sure there's not a left and right bracket? I can imagine if you swap them, the hole pattern goes soutth.

Maurice, are you trying to fit the PB it to the black mounts under the OEM screen or are you removing the black mounts and replacing with the brushed aluminium covers then mounting the PB screen? .. the latter method is the correct one, it won't fit on the OEM GT screen mounts
Yes, removed black mounts first. But aren't the black mounts using the same holes as the brushed aluminum monunts? The brushed aluminum piece fits in the same grove! If I remember correctly they are. I got the first top bolt with large spacer started, and went for the opposite side bolt, but no way. It would have to go in sideways, which it cannot. You have this screen? Most interested in your response!

Edit: just went and looked and see they are different holes,BUT they look like they are the same distance as the first holes with OEM screen. May have to try again after hearing from you! Thanks!!

Last edited:
I have the medium and small, not the large, but they all fit the same way on to the top of the brushed aluminium mounts directly on the coloured sheild (the front cover plate), the GT screen has different offsets I believe, hence has it's own black plastic mounting system rather than the 4 plastic bosses that come with the PB screens. The instructional diagrams that come with the screens are quite clear to me.

I have the medium and small, not the large, but they all fit the same way on to the top of the brushed aluminium mounts directly on the coloured sheild (the front cover plate), the GT screen has different offsets I believe, hence has it's own black plastic mounting system rather than the 4 plastic bosses that come with the PB screens.
You do not have the adjustable screen with the bracket assembly attached to the baseplate, correct?

Back