Oil pressure gauge.

Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
I have a new (to me) 2015 R3T. This bike has just over 2000 miles on the odometer. When I start the engine the low oil light stays on for a few seconds, flickers then goes out. I would like to put a oil pressure gauge on the engine.
Question: where can I tap in at?

I have a new (to me) 2015 R3T. This bike has just over 2000 miles on the odometer. When I start the engine the low oil light stays on for a few seconds, flickers then goes out. I would like to put a oil pressure gauge on the engine.
Question: where can I tap in at?
I made one for mine, I broke the head off the factory sender, welded it to a 1/8 npt steel tee { 2 female and one male }, rethreaded one female to metric thread so could still make light work and screwed new sender into this side, I used a 7/16 nut and two copper washers to take up space of factory gauge . Other female used for 1/8 copper tube and adapter to oil pressure gauge. I welded with stick, but could tig, braze, or even solder. Hope you can understand this, if you lay it out, hopefully it will make sense to you.

I made one for mine, I broke the head off the factory sender, welded it to a 1/8 npt steel nipple I cut in half to save length, screwed this to a 1/8 npt brass tee, two female and one male, rethreaded one female to metric thread so could still make warning light work and screwed new sender into this side, I used a 7/16 nut and two copper washers to take up space of factory gauge . Other female used for 1/8 copper tube and adapter to oil pressure gauge. I welded with stick, but could tig, braze, or even solder. Hope you can understand this, if you lay it out, hopefully it will make sense to you.
If you make this up, make sure you make it to run parallel to the back of engine.

Last edited:
I made one for mine, I broke the head off the factory sender, welded it to a 1/8 npt steel tee { 2 female and one male }, rethreaded one female to metric thread so could still make light work and screwed new sender into this side, I used a 7/16 nut and two copper washers to take up space of factory gauge . Other female used for 1/8 copper tube and adapter to oil pressure gauge. I welded with stick, but could tig, braze, or even solder. Hope you can understand this, if you lay it out, hopefully it will make sense to you.
What pressures does it operate at?

What pressures does it operate at?
Best I remember, 25-30 psi at 900 rpm, 45-55 at 2,000, using 10w-40 Mobil 1 Racing 4T. Had an oil leak at alternator cover gasket and had to remove frame to disassemble. Pinched gasket and caused leak, put two guide studs through cover to keep this from happening again while assembling. Haven't completed all the connections yet to restart. Can't say what pressure will be when hot and riding, assume it will drop a little.

I used a sandwich plate to run a oil pressure and temp gauge..It's for a Mitsubishi Evo 1-9 but fits the rocket. s-l500.jpg

Back