Replacement rubber gasket for fuel gauge.

Jallen3.14

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket III
I need a rubber gasket for the fuel gauge for a 2005, and I can only find the whole assembly. Anyone have any ideas?

I only know Touring setup, but 3 times? Plus 2 others mentioned it already? Why would it be replaced, or removed, ever? Kinda curious.

Fuel gauge as in handlebar accessory version?

FUEL GAUGE KIT A9938050

upload_2020-3-31_12-23-10.png

Yep. That's the unit I have. I've had to take it apart a couple times - once to replace the bulb, and again to toss a silica gel pack in there to kill condensation.

I'm sure I wasn't the first in there as the gasket was already kinda loose and flappity. Now it's completely stretched out and doesn't go back together right. Last time I washed it, the hose got it and displaced it some.

They were never intended to be replaced I think.

Like the clock, once they stopped working people leave them there for the look!;):D

I suppose you will need to either make one or hunt a parts catalog for similar sized instrument pods. Some are so cheap on eBay from China you could buy and then just use the gasket.

Would an O ring work?

I have a used fuel gauge and a couple of new clocks in my storage but not near to hand to examine.

I suppose you will need to either make one or hunt a parts catalog for similar sized instrument pods. Some are so cheap on eBay from China you could buy and then just use the gasket.

Would an O ring work?

I'll probably try and make one - it's a flat gasket so an "O" ring isn't an option. I'll look for a used one on fleabay, but once they've been opened a few times, they're probably buggered.

Back