Where can I get one of these oil tank embellishers ?

motolink

Nitrous
Ride
2011 Roadster and 2001 Bonneville
E7628A3F-3E54-4FBA-B220-DDE31BDBCA1E.png

Last edited:
They have a cool billet brake fluid reservoir cap that I'd like to pick up. I've never removed the existing reservoir cap. Is it as simple as removing the old cap and installing the new, being careful not to drop any debris into the fluid?

Yes, you have it right, remove the screws being careful not to let the screwdriver turn in the screw head, clean the surface and replace with the new one.

They have a cool billet brake fluid reservoir cap that I'd like to pick up. I've never removed the existing reservoir cap.

You may want to exchange/replace/flush your brake fluid. It goes bad over time and should be replaced every 24 months. I bought a 2013 this year with 4k miles on it and the fluid was about black. Still worked, but not good for the overall brake system. Super easy to do with a liter of brake fluid, hand vacuum pump, and a little patience. You will be glad you did when you least expect it (daily for me while commuting).

You may want to exchange/replace/flush your brake fluid. It goes bad over time and should be replaced every 24 months. I bought a 2013 this year with 4k miles on it and the fluid was about black. Still worked, but not good for the overall brake system. Super easy to do with a liter of brake fluid, hand vacuum pump, and a little patience. You will be glad you did when you least expect it (daily for me while commuting).
Vac pumps are great but if you have ABS you will need a specific dongle and software to activate the ABS unit for brake bleeding

Vac pumps are great but if you have ABS you will need a specific dongle and software to activate the ABS unit for brake bleeding

Good point. I wasn't sure if the vacuum was providing enough force on the fluid to get it through the ABS. Is this something we can do with the OBDII dongle and the tunecu program? I fund the thread below and it suggests the ABS may not be needed as often (not sure if this is correct):

ABS Brake Bleeding

Back