lower seat

stuvin

.060 Over
anybody tried the triumph low seat option on a standard r3? i'am only 5ft 10" but can put both feet down flat, but an inch less seat hieght might help when i'am shuffling out of a parking space and trying to look cool. thanks in advance.

same here I am 5,11 and got this spring the local upholstery shop to scoop as much as possible off the main rider saddle top and side as well , and I just installed some progressive shock one inch lower a world of difference when back pedalling or on uneven ground

I'm 5'11" and used the Triumph Gel Low Seat for several years. It was great for most riding. Traveling really long distances, it will start to be a pain, but for most riding duties it worked just fine. The only reason I sold it is because my wife started riding with me more, so I decided to try the Triumph Classic dual seat and am much happier with it than I thought I would be.. but I did like the Triumph Gel Low Seat as well..

I like the gel seat too....

I rode it for over 11000kms this summer and I had no complaint on comfort but I spent so much time hanging either left or right inthe turns maybe I did not have enough time to seat straight up and feel how comfortable it might have been..

I have the Triumph Lowrider gel seat.
It is a fairly comfortable seat although long distances require the airhawk cushion.
as far as heigth I am 6'3" and at a stop my legs are bent quite a bit, for 5'11" it would probably be great.

I'm 5 11 also. On my roadster, it feels good to me. Plenty of contact with the ground. I did try a pair of 4 inch platform shoes, but I coun't get my toe under the shifter.lol
Sorry, I'm bored.

It depends upon how you ride...
Does most of your riding involve hours in the saddle?
Does most of your riding involve an hour or so?

I'm 5'11" and most of my riding involves an hour or so in the saddle commuting to work with occassional all-day jaunts on the weekend.

I chose to get shorter shocks rather than 'scooping' the seat.

Most of the time I'm in stop/go traffic commuting about town so I'm having to put my feet down all of the time.

Yet, I do have all day rides on the weekend so I still need to comfort of a 'full' seat.

While some need/choose to forgo the expense of getting aftermarket shocks, I felt that doing so would allow me more flexibility while maintaining comfort.

Besides, the stock suspension was too stiff and beat the h3ll out of me. Progressive 440s were just the ticket.... best money I ever spent.:D

thanks

thanks for all the reply's. most of my riding is at weekends but i do like to drag the footpegs now and again, so maybe shorter shocks could be tricky. i have had the odd moment with the standard shocks so some progressive suspension is on my shopping list. nice seat busa. thanks again.

Also.. as far as shocks go.. I decided to be brave and try Triumph's Comfort Shocks.. I got a pair pretty cheap off of Ebay.. and I have to say, they are pretty dang good. Obviously they are stock height, but they ride much better.. I was really surprised..

Back