LongHaul seat and Utopia backrest.......

The Utopia back rest for the R3T will not work on the gel seat but will work with the stock seat. I also have a long haul seat with the back rest and it does push you forward. The Utopia also has an optional 1/2" set back for added clearance. Skinny guys wont notice but those of us with some tonnage do! :rolleyes:Utopia will also make a matching passenger pad if you send him your template of the bolt holes.

Not sure if the Utopia will work with the Long Haul seat. I would think that if the pan is the same then it should work but if the seat is gel filled then it wont work. Utopia used one of my old stock seats as a template to make the R3T back rest. They are the ones recommending against using it on a gel seat.

Thanks for all the information. I've already purchased a Long Haul Touring and a backrest. After it gets here I'll see how I like it. If it pushes me to far forward I'll get a hold of UTOPIA and send them one of my seats to custom fit a removable backrest. It looks like I might end up with so many seats that my best bet would be to put legs on them and use them for furniture!

I've got the dual tour. Just as comfy as my fast gun. Sits the same for the rider. For me (not a huge guy) the backrest is actually too far back. Of course there's the possibility I've set it up wrong as it's the first backrest I've ever used. As for pillions, the only ones who have ridden are my teenagers and they know better than to complain ;), so I can't really help there.

I have a Corbin dual tour for sale. It's in like new condition. Too firm for me after a broken pelvis.
Drivers backrest included. $829 new. I will ship in US for $375

If it pushes me to far forward I'll get a hold of UTOPIA and send them one of my seats to custom fit a removable backrest. It looks like I might end up with so many seats that my best bet would be to put legs on them and use them for furniture!

Not likely, it's adjustable with a dial, 5 positions, quite the range.

Not likely, it's adjustable with a dial, 5 positions, quite the range.

I just got the Long Haul seat today, I still don't have the backrest but its coming. The Long Haul seat has a cover where the back rest seat bracket goes,do you have to take the seat off the bike to remove the cover and install the backrest? I GOT NO DIRECTIONS WITH THE SEAT BUT IT FITS THE BIKE NICELY.

That sounds good, I'm tired of buying seats.
Most likely you do If I remember right there is a couple bolts from the bottom that hold the bung in. these will be the same bolt holes you bolt the back rest on. I have not used a Touring one but the bung I seen looked like the one on my Classic/Standard.

Back