Jardines installed..

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
Well, some time between my recent medical issues, and my wife's surgery I have managed to get the Jardines bolted on (minus a few covers still) and new brake pads (thanks Flip!) installed. I'm still doing some other maintenance to the bike, so it's not ready yet, but I just HAD to take her out for a test ride yesterday afternoon. I believe I am currently running Triumph's TOR tune followed by the European TOR fuel map in my PC-III.

All I can say is WOW.. WOW.. I've been missing out!!! Freakin' awesome!!!! It sounds like a Rocket should.. just a hint of popping on decel, and that is because I still have a small exhaust leak at the header/T pipe junction (what a crappy design there) but will fix that this week.

These pipes were meant to be on my Rocket!.. :) It now sounds like it looks and it goes like it looks too! and it also stops like it looks!.. :) I know there are FA bikes out there and such, but I am VERY happy with this set up.. :)

Dang it.. I need to get well and get more time to get this dang thing back together so I can ride it!!!

Glad to hear you now.

One note, be sure to use copious amount of lock tite on your heat shields. I lost the one at the collector and it's impossible to replace. I've been many rounds with Jardine to get a replacement... to no avail. I finally applied some redneck engineering to get a solution.

You might want to find a welder to burn your pipes together. I haven't as yet, and I'm having a pretty substantial exhaust leak at the collector junction.:eek:

I got a ton of help here on the forum-the PC tune for the Jars is what I use and it's working great.

So is there a noticeable increase in hp or just sound? Just curious, as the Jardine Pipes have been nagging in the back of mind about wanting to get a set.

LS

Yep, I will try the Jardin tune when I get all my other maintenance done and the bike's really back on the road, but I was suprised how well the setup I have is working..

There is a tune for the Jardines for PCIII on the Dynojet website. That might work even better for you.

I have been running the TORs/cat bypass combo for years now and I can say that there is a very noticable increase in power with the new system. It also sounds awesome, which I already new after hearing Britman's bike at RAA III.. :) It is louder, but it's not an "annoying" loud. It's a deep rumble at idle, and I don't know how to describe it.. I guess compare it to a slightly modded big block muscle car.. That's the best I can think of..

So is there a noticeable increase in hp or just sound? Just curious, as the Jardine Pipes have been nagging in the back of mind about wanting to get a set.

LS

Where did you find a good price on these, on Jardines website they are going for around 1200 bucks. Ouch, I have the same set up you had, but it is hard to spring that amount of cash for 5 to 10 ponies. You find a better deal online somewhere?

LS

I picked mine up off of Ebay for $929 including shipping. I will find the seller that I bought them from, they are a custom motorcycle shop up North, but I don't have they're info on me right now..

Last edited:
Back