Installed Pauls header (with pics)

Apparently there are 2 methods, one involves a dyno and the other way is to contact dynojet for the parameters for our bikes.
There is a 3rd - undocumented but very simple method. ACTIVATE IT IN THE PCV SOFTWARE.

If the base map used originally was an R3 map as supplied by Dynojet - the gear ratios are already in there.

This PC is Linux so I cant run the SW - but if you're still stumped I can switch on the workshop Win10 Pc and take a look.

Nice pipes. What causes them to turn Blue / Yellow ? How is that prevented so they stay clean chrome ?

Bill,
The only chrome exhaust I ever had that stayed chrome were headers built with a chrome cover like Cobra or Vance & Hines headers.
I actually like the patina - looks racey to me.

They should NOT blue!..it stands to reason that if metal goes blue its too bloody hot!...
I'm no guru but have had/seen 5 or 6 bikes tuned by race pro's using PCV and dyno tune. Each tune was very different over 3 Rocket 3's. The air/fuel ratio being nice and steady is where we ended up. The fuel settings are all different from bike to bike to achieve this. Not too Rich and definitely not lean! Lean is not what you want if you want things to last. This is why i have had my last 4 bikes dyno tuned as they come from the factory lean...in order to meet the restrictions..
My advice...based on my own experience, is to have your bike professionally tuned...each motor is a different animal than the one sitting beside it.
NUFF SAID BY ME.

I'm not a tuning expert, so just speaking from my experience, last fall when I added k and n filters and Viking header, I left the O2 sensor connected and used the same tune. Bike ran well but felt alot of heat on my leg. This spring I disconnected sensor, made sure it was shut off in tune, and reloaded the tune. My leg says it is running cooler. I really think the 02 sensor leans it out at idle, the bike might run rich at higher rpm range. Looks really good by the way, if you go the dynotune way I would wait till all your mods are done.

Did it blue while doing the 12 minute tune or after the ride?
All of the blueing occurred during the 12 minute tune, did not change at all after riding.

I never noticed the heat off of the header while riding. My target autotune AF's are 13.2 in the lower rpms and 12.7 in the upper rpms.

I didn't notice any heat while riding, was cool, 60f

Bob, you say you have this set up rich, I would say that looking at the headers you have this set lean.
Either that or the tune is way off.

Remember that this chrome header has the www.hpcoatings.co.nz Ceramic heat barrier coating inside so to see this much chrome dis-colouration, there's got to be a lot of heat there.

Paul, all of the blueing occurred during the 12 minute tune, my target AFs are 13.2 lower rpms and 12.7 higher rpms

Back