LED turn signal install advice please?

Behind right side cover - it's the only 3-pin relay on the bike

I replaced the indicators with Custom Dynamics LED Magic spots but the relay unit you advised me to install hasn't arrived yet. I installed and wired them as per the existing colors on the bike and wanted to test them to see if they worked at all. They dont. I'm not going to change the wires about until the relay comes and can test it properly, but just for interest, is it possible that they dont work at all because I am still using the stock flasher unit?

The OEM relay depends on having a resistive load. The load independant and/or led ones have a small timer inside. The relay IS the key here.

Ah.. so I cant check to see if the factory wiring to the indicators is correct (color to color) until I install the cf13-gl02 unit?

The OEM relay depends on having a resistive load. The load independant and/or led ones have a small timer inside. The relay IS the key here.

BTW the resistance of these LEDS is less than 1 amp and I think from looking at the side of the OEM flasher that its for 1 -20 amps.

Ah.. so I cant check to see if the factory wiring to the indicators is correct (color to color) until I install the cf13-gl02 unit?
If you have a multimeter - anything can be done. The center contact in the bulb holder should be POSITIVE INTERMITTENT - side contact EARTH, with the indicators ON - That or ZERO resistance from side contact to battery earth. total resistance from centre connector - no power on.

If it were me I'd just swap one side over and see. It's only the rears that are usually crossed over.

Last edited:
Just pull the relay and jumper between the terminals with the Orange/Green and Green/Brown wires (i.e. the two that are NOT the black wire!)
You can just use a paper clip or something equally crude;
then when you flip the switch to right or left, the lamp will just come on constant.
That will tell you instantly if they are wired correctly or require to be reversed

Just pull the relay and jumper between the terminals with the Orange/Green and Green/Brown wires (i.e. the two that are NOT the black wire!)
You can just use a paper clip or something equally crude;
then when you flip the switch to right or left, the lamp will just come on constant.
That will tell you instantly if they are wired correctly or require to be reversed

Worked beautifully thank you!

Back