Jardines installed..

Dave:

With new EBC HH sintered pads, there is a 'break-in' period to allow the pads to seat to the disc and get acclimated to your style (get heated up and cool down). They need to be cycled a few times before continuous use (as in forgetabout them until next time).

The rear pad set is a recent upgrade. EBC changed the design slightly. It's a bit thicker than the OEM pad set.

I will look around on ebay and see what I can find. If I can sell my current setup for a couple bucks and get them for that price I might do it.

LS

Flip,
Yep, I will break them in properly here in a couple of weeks, after I really get her on the road. I actually did notice the thicker rear brake pads, because of how they are changed out on the Rocket, you have to make sure you have room to slide the new pads up in there. There's plenty of room, but since the caliper stays in place, it sure makes you look.

Dave,

Good thing you're not in my neighborhood, I'd be on the phone to "John Law", darn kids with their loud motorbikes. Seriously, a neighbor of mine just went full Harley pirate. He has the German soldier helmet, enough new leather to do away with a small herd of cattle, and of course straight Poker Pipes on his Softail. My Jardines pale in comparison noise wise when he cracks that thing. I have always liked the sound of the Jar's and I agree with you, I truly noticed the increase in HP the first time I took the bike out. I also find the noise level is not obnoxious and controllable via the throttle when circumstances dictate IE, when you notice that blue light in your mirrors. I will be the first to admit that the fit is not first class and they are pone to leaks, but I won't run anything else. Quality wise, the chrome is superb. Mine have been on the bike for three years now and still look great. Get the old girl back together and dialed in, you will enjoy the results. Dave you do know I am talking about your bike. Of course all the best and a speedy recovery to your "Better Half" too.

Last edited:
You wanna know what loud is?

If you want to know what loud is....drill our the two pop rivits that hold the baffles in place. Make yourself a J hook out of a piece of strap steel and jerk them puppies out. OMG!:eek: I had to put mine back in because it made my ears ring for hours after riding. I did do a little modification on them before putting them back in. Sounds like a big diesel rig when under power.:D:D:D

Dave, glad you finally got your Jars...I just wish you'd get "a little" excited about it.:D Can't wait to hear em. Mean while back in the poor mans world, I'm still working on my saddle bags (the space between the EZ brackets and the fender) to get the look that I'm after. My 1st try turned out like S#IT, so I went back to the drawing board.:)

Back