Jardine Exhaust, Stock Breather, Triumph Tune

I have heard about removing and blanking the O2 sensor . What exactly does this do ?

I was told by a triumph mechanic that there are hundreds of Triumph tunes each one specific for different countries with different homoglophic and emission controls and none of them will make a huge difference to the peformance of the bike !
with tune ecu you can just turn of the O2 sensor so the ecu does not lean out the bike in the narrow ban width area the sensor controls. Power commander makes a plug that fools the ecu also. But like I said you can do this stuff via software. Along with many other things. Yes there are a buck load of tunes and some for other countries where power restrictions apply. (not that some of those people do not correct the power loss) What really matter is what your MOT inspector thinks :) If you have to get that done!!!!! Good thing is you have plenty og Blokes across the ponds that know their way around MOT stuff :D

with tune ecu you can just turn of the O2 sensor so the ecu does not lean out the bike in the narrow ban width area the sensor controls. Power commander makes a plug that fools the ecu also. But like I said you can do this stuff via software. Along with many other things. Yes there are a buck load of tunes and some for other countries where power restrictions apply. (not that some of those people do not correct the power loss) What really matter is what your MOT inspector thinks :) If you have to get that done!!!!! Good thing is you have plenty og Blokes across the ponds that know their way around MOT stuff :D
Thanks for that warp 9 I am lucky to have a friendly mot inspector . He knows me and knows how I care for my bikes so he clocks me on for the obligatory 20 mins have a smoke and a joke prints my ticket and off I go .TREATS ! Do the tunes , be they triumphs own , pcv or ecu tune slip off kilter ? How often do you need to update . If at all ? ;)

They do not go off kilter per say. you do have to check the TPS and stepper motor now and then typical maintenance and adjustments. If your using a stock tune with the O2 sensor she will lean out over time but a quick reset of the adaptives will or a tune that does not use the O2 sensor will take care of that. once you get the software and cable these things are easily accomplished.

They do not go off kilter per say. you do have to check the TPS and stepper motor now and then typical maintenance and adjustments. If your using a stock tune with the O2 sensor she will lean out over time but a quick reset of the adaptives will or a tune that does not use the O2 sensor will take care of that. once you get the software and cable these things are easily accomplished.
This is a great help . Thankyou and also regarding ecu tune , the literature I have read mentions about the battery status during the tune and that sometimes a car battery is used instead of the oem to avoid voltage drops ! Is this correct information ? How far can you get a tune out before you start to damage the engine ? Sorry bout the probably dumb questions but as they say knowledge is power ! Thanks again for your help .:thumbsup:

This is a great help . Thank you and also regarding ecu tune , the literature I have read mentions about the battery status during the tune and that sometimes a car battery is used instead of the OEM to avoid voltage drops ! Is this correct information ? How far can you get a tune out before you start to damage the engine ? Sorry bout the probably dumb questions but as they say knowledge is power ! Thanks again for your help .:thumbsup:
I use a charger and pull the head light fuse never had a problem. The first time you load a completely different tune it takes a couple minutes. If the tune is just a modification of the open in her then it is a quick flash 15 to 20 seconds I imagine. its so fast I never actually timed it. with the software you can screw up a tune especially with the timing and fuel control but like everything else you can screw it up if you do not pay attention.

Just picked up my '07 R3 standard and had the service dept at the dealership install the Jardine exhaust and retune the bike before I picked it up. After reading a bunch of posts here and looking at Pig9r's tune listing (thanks!), I was surprised when the service manager told me he used the Triumph 20227 tune. Since the 20226 tune is listed as aftermarket exhaust and cat removed and the 20227 tune is listed as standard pipe with empty cat. He said he used the 27 because it's the "fattest" tune Triumph has. I've ridden the bike about 85 miles, and every once in a while, it wheezes through the breather. It also pops like hell on decel. Should I be concerned? Can anyone recommend a better Triumph tune for my setup (not ready to shell out for a Tuneboy or PCIII just yet). Thanks for any and all....
Mike
I have 020366 with D&D's

Let me know if I have this right .
I just ordered a Lonelec tune ecu kkl interface cable lead .
After that its just software and tunes
Plug into powercommander3 , upload new tune and go.
And will this also allow for diagnostic and maintenance

Does this cable come with a chip or is that needed also?
Could you say what exhaust and intake filter setup is on your bike? Do you have a PCIII? It would help to know what you're trying to accomplish. You don't have to remove the secondary throttle plates or buy Tuneboy.

Back