Ignition Question

When you use the kill switch it opens the ignition circuit cutting power to the ignition coils. The neutral light won't come on with the kill switch open, nor will you get a gauge sweep or normal dash lights. If you use the kill switch, make sure the switch is back in RUN before you turn the ignition key to ON. If you go the other way it's possible to fool the ECM into a fault condition.

just my opinion
it will not make a difference to the ecu which one you turn on first.
i have always used the kill switch to turn off the bike and turn on the bike mileage 49000
pros saves saves ignition switch
pros u know where the kill switch is in case of emergency
pros the kill switch is better built that ignition switch
cons if u leave ignition switch on (forget) for a couple of hours your battery will be run down and u will be stuck (been there and done that)
of coarse if you leave the ign switch on no matter which one you use you will have a dead battery in a while.
i have never had a bad ignition switch or a bad kill switch but if i have a problem i want it to be the kill switch because the cost and the labor and parts will be much cheaper
and u can do the repair yourself.
just an example
you can turn the light bulb on and off using the light switch or you can use your circuit breaker in your electric panel
i am not looking for what's right for every one just giving some of you a choice.

just my opinion
it will not make a difference to the ecu which one you turn on first.
i have always used the kill switch to turn off the bike and turn on the bike mileage 49000
pros saves saves ignition switch
pros u know where the kill switch is in case of emergency
pros the kill switch is better built that ignition switch
cons if u leave ignition switch on (forget) for a couple of hours your battery will be run down and u will be stuck (been there and done that)
of coarse if you leave the ign switch on no matter which one you use you will have a dead battery in a while.
i have never had a bad ignition switch or a bad kill switch but if i have a problem i want it to be the kill switch because the cost and the labor and parts will be much cheaper
and u can do the repair yourself.
just an example
you can turn the light bulb on and off using the light switch or you can use your circuit breaker in your electric panel
i am not looking for what's right for every one just giving some of you a choice.
I've got the guard dawg keyless which uses kill switch only 👌 still use ignition for steering lock when I need to 👀😎

Back