Fireman Frank

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 111
Ignition switch swap 2005 R3....
I ordered a replacement ignition barrel switch for my R3 part no. T2501066 (lost keys). What arrived from the supplier was a barrel coded T2501062 plus a connector block with a tail of wiring. The parts agent informed me that this is the only available replacement for the part I ordered and is a mod introduced because of water ingress in the original old pattern part. I can't find any guidance on the fitting other than warnings that the new wiring tail should be correctly installed into the loom by a trained Triumph technician. Has anyone any guidance or diagrams to help direct me in completing the fix. My local repair shop are happy to do the job if needs be & beyond my ability.... but asked if I can source any available extra help from the online forums.....any ideas pls?
Cheers Frank

Ignition switch swap 2005 R3....
I ordered a replacement ignition barrel switch for my R3 part no. T2501066 (lost keys). What arrived from the supplier was a barrel coded T2501062 plus a connector block with a tail of wiring. The parts agent informed me that this is the only available replacement for the part I ordered and is a mod introduced because of water ingress in the original old pattern part. I can't find any guidance on the fitting other than warnings that the new wiring tail should be correctly installed into the loom by a trained Triumph technician. Has anyone any guidance or diagrams to help direct me in completing the fix. My local repair shop are happy to do the job if needs be & beyond my ability.... but asked if I can source any available extra help from the online forums.....any ideas pls?
Cheers Frank
Frank, those wires will be color coded. But if the unit has a plug at the end, as pictured, it's really just going to be plug and play. They caution you to use a Triumph technician for everything.

Getting the old switch out is the hardest part. There are two tamper proof bolts without heads. I used a Dremel tool to remove the heads. Otherwise, it really shouldn't be too hard. This might be of use...

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.08.20 AM.png

Frank, those wires will be color coded. But if the unit has a plug at the end, as pictured, it's really just going to be plug and play. They caution you to use a Triumph technician for everything.

Getting the old switch out is the hardest part. There are two tamper proof bolts without heads. I used a Dremel tool to remove the heads. Otherwise, it really shouldn't be too hard. This might be of use...

I used needle point vice grips and luckily was able to clamp on those two screws and remove them.

Many thanks for the advice..... Much appreciated!

Back