Ignition Question

FGR

.020 Over
Hello Everybody,
I have a 2015 Roadster, I went on a weekend ride and the following happened as we were heading back:
- I warmed up the bike in the morning (it was left outdoors in the hotel parking lot)
- We headed to a gas station to fill up the tank
- After filling the tank, I opened the switch, turned on the key, then pressed the ignition start button, it didn’t start and then the tank indicator went down to zero from 175 Km (prior to filling).
- After couple of times turning on/off to both the key and ignition switch, I pressed the start button and it started.

Any idea what happened?

most likely the clutch switch try holding the starter button in while slowly releasing clutch lever.
u can also try press and wiggling starter button.
can be a lot of things.
ign switch
kill switch
gear position switch do u have a solid green lite for neutral?

most likely the clutch switch try holding the starter button in while slowly releasing clutch lever.
u can also try press and wiggling starter button.
can be a lot of things.
ign switch
kill switch
gear position switch do u have a solid green lite for neutral?
Yes, it was green light for neutral.

What do you mean "opened the switch then turned on the key"??? Are you shutting off the engine with the kill switch instead of the key?

Make sure your battery connections are tight. Simple things first.

What do you mean "opened the switch then turned on the key"??? Are you shutting off the engine with the kill switch instead of the key?

Make sure your battery connections are tight. Simple things first.

I meant Kill switch go on position, then turned key to on, then pressed engine start button.
I usually turn key off first then kill switch

I meant Kill switch go on position, then turned key to on, then pressed engine start button.
I usually turn key off first then kill switch
According to the owners manual, you only use the key to turn her off. The kill switch is actually only used for emergencies. Reality is, those buttons wear out way to easy. In my manual there's a warning not to use the kill switch. After talking to a Harley dealer about my V-Rod, he said they don't touch that switch either... that was interesting to know.
-MIG

Back