.... and this, courtesy of @warp9.9 I've never used it, but kept it in my bike for when I might need it to jump the bike.... Use at your own risk.....
Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 3.52.01 PM.png

Ok weird things happened
When I lifted my fuel tank I knocked a cover off the speedo so to get that back on I had to undo and disconnect the left headlight to get a grip of it, when I put everything back together ready for some more multimeter testing I checked the voltage on the relay and it had changed to 1.5v with ignition key on, then when I pressed ignition button boom 12.9v so stuck the relay on and it all works now, lights go out when ignition button pressed. The only thing I did was unplug the headlight any ideas? The horn still not working though

Ok weird things happened
When I lifted my fuel tank I knocked a cover off the speedo so to get that back on I had to undo and disconnect the left headlight to get a grip of it, when I put everything back together ready for some more multimeter testing I checked the voltage on the relay and it had changed to 1.5v with ignition key on, then when I pressed ignition button boom 12.9v so stuck the relay on and it all works now, lights go out when ignition button pressed. The only thing I did was unplug the headlight any ideas? The horn still not working though

No telling, but you may have jostled the ignition switch (if that is truly the issue) and now (temporarily, at least) you have a connection. I'd try wiggling the wires to the ignition and jiggling the key around to see if it comes and goes. "It all works now" means it starts?

I'm sure you checked the fuse for the horn. I'd have to go look at the diagram, but all kinds of things go through that ignition switch, including possibly the horn.

Some thing to look at first. When you turn on your key, do your headlights come on? When you press the starter button, do the headlights go out? This will confirm you have power to the relay and the starter button is ok. The starter relay turns off power to the headlights when starting the bike which indicates it is a changeover relay. I think Triumph uses a type B, 5 pin changeover relay (see below). With the key on you should have 12 volts (battery voltage) on pin 30 and pin 87a (power to lights). When pressing the start button you should have battery voltage on pin 85, 86 powering the pull in coil and on pin 30 and pin 87 going to the starter solenoid with 0 volts on 87a. If the relay is clicking and nothing is coming out 87, then the contacts inside the relay could be fried. Pull the plastic cap off the relay and have a look.

1677415285016.png
Hi, I use this post because I'm facing random start failure, but in my bike I have 12V on 30 and 87a even without the key ON. My fuse box does not match the manual nor schematics but only two 5Amps fuses (8,10 according to fuse cover) are live after turning the key, the rest has 12V with the key off. According to schematics only four fuses has direct 12V from battery the rest only through the key, but not in my bike 2012 Roadster, any help where to look?
The strange thing is I have 12V in 30 and 87a in the starter relay, but lights are off with key off, when I turn the key, lights turn on whitout any change in starter fuse.
Attached, fuse cover vs manual, tks!

Attachments

• fuse manual.jpg
    fuse manual.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 6
  • rocket fuses.jpg
    rocket fuses.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 6
Hi, I use this post because I'm facing random start failure, but in my bike I have 12V on 30 and 87a even without the key ON. My fuse box does not match the manual nor schematics but only two 5Amps fuses (8,10 according to fuse cover) are live after turning the key, the rest has 12V with the key off. According to schematics only four fuses has direct 12V from battery the rest only through the key, but not in my bike 2012 Roadster, any help where to look?
The strange thing is I have 12V in 30 and 87a in the starter relay, but lights are off with key off, when I turn the key, lights turn on whitout any change in starter fuse.
Attached, fuse cover vs manual, tks!
The picture you have of the fuse box from the manual is for the Touring model. The previous page is for the Roadster. This should look more familiar...

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 2.32.20 PM.png

Well there are all kinds of starter problems and all kinds of fixes unless you want to start guessing we will need a lot of info like
When you hit the starter button is it
Silent / clicking or trying to crank
Do you have the green nuetral light
Is it in nuetral which will bypass.a kick stand switch problem
Are you pulling in clutch lever which is a must.
This should work for now

Back