Flasher Relay Location

technoguppy

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
Where is the turn signal / flasher relay on a Rocket III Roadster?

Is it near the fuse box under the seat or up under the tank somewhere?

I've searched the forums and I see lots of people recommending the use of flasher unit (rather than adding diodes or bulky resistors) but no one seems to know where to find the relay.

If this has been answered in another post, I apologize. Just post a link and I'll go from there.

Thanks in advance.

So here (just so I am perfectly clear)...

upload_2018-7-20_8-24-3.png

The one with the seatlock key in. Yup!.

Read up on the correct relay to order - I had a whole bunch of different types I was sent from HongKong and mine is labelled differently to most.

I want to re-install LED Turn Signals and thought a change to the relay is my best approach (rather than 6Ohm 50W resistors or diodes). But first I wanted to know what kind of effort it would take to change it out.

I have risers on my R3R and as such, lifting the tank to get at stuff is a 3 - 4 hour task. But considering I now know where to find the relay behind the right side panel, this is much more reasonable.

Thanks all for the quick guidance!

i do not know about yours
some of the rockets they r not wired the same like positive and neg wires are switched
i can't remember if this gets u into trouble but you should keep this in mine while working on it.
some has had trouble with the flemzy terminals.

You might consider a SignalMinder auto cancel turn signal. I believe they work with regular and led bulbs. You might want to check with them about that and figure which plug set up you have.
In which case if you do not need the extra features just plug and play. Just added one to mine.
Rick

Back