Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
OK,
@DEcosse has been very helpful in the past answering some of my questions and I finally got around to giving this a try. My first few attempts yielded mixed results as my schematic was off. While I haven't given this one a try, I think I finally got it right.

I'm using the following parts:
a $25 RFID switch from Alibaba (think it's listed as a ignition interrupter or something
3 - GM style (because they're small and I have a large supply) 4 pin relays
The male and female ignition switch connectors (making a "T" harness to maintain key functionality)
An alarm connector to tap into a few of the signals coming from the factory alarm jumper plug.

I like to tinker and this was something I wanted to have as well as tinker around a little. Plus, I like to build whatever I can MOD wise so I know exactly what's in there and where I put it. Plus I'm not a very learned solid state guy, so analog works for me - hence the relays. I'm not going to have time in the next couple of days/weeks to give this final version a try, but thought I'd share.

If anyone sees any potential issues, post up.

Attachments

• RFID schematic.jpg
    RFID schematic.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 127
The male and female ignition switch connectors (making a "T" harness to maintain key functionality)
An alarm connector to tap into a few of the signals coming from the factory alarm jumper plug.

I like to tinker and this was something I wanted to have as well as tinker around a little. Plus, I like to build whatever I can MOD wise so I know exactly what's in there and where I put it. Plus I'm not a very learned solid state guy, so analog works for me - hence the relays. I'm not going to have time in the next couple of days/weeks to give this final version a try, but thought I'd share.
Thanks for that - I don't have any plans to do this - BUT I like the "T" because it is reversible. If my key ever plays up then I might do one - I would use a PDM60, but just because I have a spare one sat here. and would use a "contact" RFID, again because I have some.

What, btw, do GM relays look like? - Are they just the standard cube shaped things?

Basically, but I use the smaller rectangular ones as they are about 1/2 the size of the standard "cubes".

And I did the T harness because I always try and make any modifications revearsable.

Attachments

• 81ZxtFep3jL._SX355_.jpg
    81ZxtFep3jL._SX355_.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 14
Back