I think an aftermarket supplier must have made them and they quit I guess. Without the backrest the seat is nothing special. With it its
a great seat.

I can't understand how Triumph can make a LONG HAUL TOURING seat with a cut-out for the backrest and then not offer the backrest anymore. It was a QUALITY back rest with an easy forward and backward adjustment. Do you think they will make them again?
I totally agree, it's disappointing, but Utopia makes one specifically for the long haul that I have and it is quality and easy to adjust as well

I think an aftermarket supplier must have made them and they quit I guess. Without the backrest the seat is nothing special. With it its
a great seat.
Pretty sure the pads (sissybarpads too) were made by SHAD in Spain. They make for TRIUMPH and BMW as well as others. The only reason they'd stop is Triumph stopped paying up for more. The ironwork I doubt they did. If the Bloor family don't offer it - either they're about to kill off the bike or the parts did not sell.

Sorry Duncan but I will only sell everything as a package. I have had all the seats for a year or more and I don't want the hassle of listing them individually. I realize the BACKREST is worth a lot as one went for 400 dollars on eBay recently. There are none left anywhere. I figure if someone wants the back rest bad enough they will take all the seats and keep the backrest and sell the other seats. Every seat and the backrest are virtually like new with no flaws or blemishes at all. The backrest has never been installed on anything. The other seats were bought by me and installed on my bike and tested for a couple of days each, I decided I needed the backrest long haul Triumph seat so all the other seats are now just sitting on a shelf. The Triumph backrest is a quality product and I don't see why they stopped making them. If you are still interested let me know and I'll take pictures of all the seats and the backrest.
Do you still have these seats?

Do you still have these seats?
Las Vegas Dave was Last seen Apr 18, 2020

He still had his seats in 2019

Las Vegas Dave was Last seen Apr 18, 2020

He still had his seats in 2019

I found his number and messaged him but have not received a response. Hopefully all is well with him.

There is only one, if you are serious about comfort.

E7FD2138-8877-41E4-9669-3B0B3084767E.jpeg

Yep totally agree re the Russell Daylongs
I will not be selling my HD spring Black leather Solo Bucket and know the Std spring Sunbrella fabric covered one that @RobWhi got from me is making him as happy as can be too!

I got both from the USA used in perfect condition on eBay for well less than half 'new on order' price in USA with no 6 months wait and included delivery to Australia! ;) 👍

Back