DeVilbiss Finish Line Spray Gun

Nice website

Here ya go Flip...

http://www.spraygunworld.com/Information2/AirFilters.htm

Pretty tough to find. You can buy good ones at Home depot etc...

Since I was fixing the rust at the bottom of the rear window I matched the white.

Tomo:

I see they recommend MotorGard filters too. I like the MotorGard because the element is replaceable. It's a die cast aluminum housing with a spin off top. They are good for water and air borne particles. The re-finisher in town sells the filters that go at the gun inlet. When they become saturated with moisture, they change colors. He told me a lot of guys dry them back out in a toaster oven on low but I've never used one because I'm a rattle can guy.

White, like red has a million different shades. White is tough to match especially weathered at all. 30 years ago I used to blow Isocyinates for a side job. Did a bunch of UPS trucks on the side. My lungs probably look like cotton candy.:D

OK....so here comes my next obvious question, what is the cheapest/best air compressor available to run air tools and of course a paint gun like yours Tom? :D

Tomo

Tom If I can get a word In edgewise, what year caddy??? V.B. If your just going to paint small items like bike parts you don't need all this big time crap that Flapers talking about..Your compressor would be fine with a touch up gun like Tom said..I have painted over 50 hardleys with touch up guns..If your gona run large body tools, yes then you need a bigger compressor..That large tank on your compressor should be plenty for small paint jobs...OK flipper go for It....Jack

The Caddy is a 66 Sedan deVille hardtop... The Buick is a 55 Special Tourback, which means it has the funky built in fender skirts. 264 with the smoothest tranny of all... the dreaded Dynaflow. The Queen Mary II uses twin Dynaflows as anchors.

An old pic:

Another old pic:

What was that satellite thing where you can see your house from outer space?? That old Caddy shows up as clear as a bell :D

Like that Caddy

Tomo:

Let me know if you ever want to part with the Caddy. I could get a bundle for it in Detroit. The Bro's love those cars:D I saw one the other day with spinner wheel covers, gold line tires and about a 12" lift on it. It was awesome in a strange sort of way. It wasn't white though. The Bro had it painted with that paint that changes color in the sunlight. It went from a metallic green to gold to silver as it went down the street. Honestly, I didn't know you could lift a Caddy like that.

I'll have to show Ed your Buick. His dad had one just like it, complete with Dyna flow. I believe Ed consummated his relationship with Carol in the back seat probably at the Memphis Avenue drive in.

Wanna talk about compressors???

Flip Tomo

Been ridden my brains out Flip. Worried bout you man..Talking bout puffen on airbrushes and blowing isocyinates..Who Is isocyinates anyhow?? Does this have something to do with those colored panties???And now all you want to do Is talk about compressors..Himmmmm.. Tomo kool rides. Is that 264 a nail head? They look great In the old Fords..So If It wasnt a Tourback It would have the round wheel well??(Dont know my buicks very well)The specials had the round wheel wells right..If your gona paint that whole caddy I'am glad you got that production Devilbiss..I bought a touch up Devilbiss about a year ago and It says made in England so I painted spike with It..Brit gun to paint a brit bike..Woo woo Ha..Then again mabey a pressure pot would be good on a car that large. I don't think we will ever see a car that big again. Talk about comfort.Then again again how bout an airless? LOL Crazy Jack

Back