Corbin gunfighter seat on 2007 Classic, lowering seat height?

Kim Turner

.040 Over
Ride
2007 triumph Rocket III Classic
Is there any way to lower the seat height on a corbin gunfighter seat fitted to a 2007 classic without MAJOR "surgery". Love the seat but can only touch the ground now with my toes with boots on. Any ideas for the vertically challenged here? Thank you

Is there any way to lower the seat height on a corbin gunfighter seat fitted to a 2007 classic without MAJOR "surgery". Love the seat but can only touch the ground now with my toes with boots on. Any ideas for the vertically challenged here? Thank you
Yep, send it back to Corbin they have a option for short people that lowers the bucket raises the back support and positions the rider about an inch forward and I believe down. Not sure if they would be able to use your existing covering though.

Most upholstery shops should be able to lift cover cut out foam to lower and narrow front area which allows your thighs to drop and changes toe tips to soles of your feet.

Special notes when ordering. They call it a 'Close saddle' and it may just be for Solos
Link Removed

'Close saddles' are a Corbin design that offers seating closer to the bars

Otherwise there was a Triumph Factory Solo Low Rider version too. I just bought a New Old Stock one.
LOWRIDER SEAT - RIDER A9701151
upload_2018-7-23_13-21-2.png

Yep, send it back to Corbin they have a option for short people that lowers the bucket raises the back support and positions the rider about an inch forward and I believe down. Not sure if they would be able to use your existing covering though.

Most upholstery shops should be able to lift cover cut out foam to lower and narrow front area which allows your thighs to drop and changes toe tips to soles of your feet.

Otherwise there was a Triumph Factory Solo Low Rider version too. I just bought a New Old Stock one.
LOWRIDER SEAT - RIDER A9701151
upload_2018-7-23_13-21-2.png

How much lower would you say the lowrider seat A9701151 is? Thank you

How much lower would you say the lowrider seat A9701151 is? Thank you
I don't know yet it is still in NZ ;):D.

No idea probably an inch or so. When it arrives I will compare, as I have stock early R3 Std, Roadster and aftermarket Corbin dual and Solo Classics as well as a Russell Daylong Solo here to compare to. I've had a few Classic Dual Touring with the riders backrest hole as well and another close by has one of them too.

I don't know yet it is still in NZ ;):D.

No idea probably an inch or so. When it arrives I will compare, as I have stock early R3 Std, Roadster and aftermarket Corbin dual and Solo Classics as well as a Russell Daylong Solo here to compare to. I've had a few Classic Dual Touring with the riders backrest hole as well and another close by has one of them too.

Thank you

It is not so much the height of the rocket but the width of the stock seat, ask Corbin to shave some off the sides and scoop a wee bit off the seat and you will be fine, I know they will do it as they helped me out twelve years ago.

Corbin seat pan is very thick you can just peel back seat grind seat height easy 3\4 on height as well as seat sides, place foam back on get a electric knife mark off the amount of foam you want off seat, and you can tapper on angle on inner thigh on angle at least 2\12 inches making you sit down flat footed with knees slightly bent, I'm only 5 8 1\2'' and I did it. If its a heated seat give it to a local upholstery shop because the wires are all glued on top of cheesecloth you cant take off nice, witch means you need relay wires all again, maybe the newer ones they laid down on a separate pad that would be nice, but they did not with 05

Corbin seat pan is very thick you can just peel back seat grind seat height easy 3\4 on height as well as seat sides, place foam back on get a electric knife mark off the amount of foam you want off seat, and you can tapper on angle on inner thigh on angle at least 2\12 inches making you sit down flat footed with knees slightly bent, I'm only 5 8 1\2'' and I did it. If its a heated seat give it to a local upholstery shop because the wires are all glued on top of cheesecloth you cant take off nice, witch means you need relay wires all again, maybe the newer ones they laid down on a separate pad that would be nice, but they did not with 05

Just a suggestion, why not just change your rear shocks, 3/4 to 1 inch ?

Back