Corbin gunfighter seat on 2007 Classic, lowering seat height?

How much lower would you say the lowrider seat A9701151 is? Thank you
Quite a lot, I just sold a brand new one and this brand new one had a 1" box cutter cut from an errant dealershop employee's unpacking.

Yes it is factory option LOWRIDER SEAT - RIDER A9701151 no longer available from Dealers.
1" lower and they are actually a Gel seat and simply replace the existing one with or without the stock pillion seat fitted.

It almost looks like they mixed the rider's seat photos up in the Triumph Factory Accessories Catalogs. These are not 'Touring' model parts that was just the Triumph parts name for R3 Standards/Classics and Roadsters.

The Gel seats have a rubbery smooth seat surface and the sides are heavily textured thick vinyl.

LOWRIDER SEAT - RIDER A9701151

Link Removed

TOURING GEL SEAT - RIDER A9701142
Link Removed

TOURING GEL SEAT - PILLION A9701143
Link Removed

I had two brand new LOWRIDER SEATS - RIDER A9701151, but one has a 1" box cutter slash where some overeager bike-shop employee opened the cartons. The gel portion is on top and not effected by the 1" cut in the thicker textured seat edge vinyl. GEL SEAT. LOW RIDER A9701151.

Link Removed
Link Removed

Link Removed

This is the nick in the outer wrapping.
Link Removed

I patched it with a rubber Triumph keyring cut in half. I tried the Lowrider on my Roadster after attaching the badges with shoe sole contact cement so they will not be coming adrift. This seat feels REALLY low to me especially compared to my Russell DayLong. Photos with Utopia backrest fitted and RIVCO rack as well.

Yes big thunderstorm today - the bike is filthy!

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

That is high praise indeed coming from a professional upholsterer, thanks mate.:thumbsup::notworthy::notworthy::)

These or something similar could be a handy patch option for those with cuts, tears or burns etc. There are a few similar versions. You need a very sharp thin blade to cut it in half and using a vise/clamp to hold it while doing so allows a much straighter cut as it stops the rubber from flexing as you cut. You need to remove it from the vise and turn for the next cut at least 3 times so they all meet straight in the center. A quick scrub on some coarse sandpaper followed by a rub down with a cleaning swab or isopropyl alcohol before gluing will ensure a good bond.

• Made from high quality and durable soft rubber.
  • 3D design, made from CNC molds.
  • Free of phthalates and other toxins.
  • High quality chain and key ring.
  • Double sided, meaning logo on both sides of the key chain.
41DrJ0-dcJL.jpg
31TuOa-2ZtL.jpg
71UvILoCWlL._SX425_.jpg

You could use a leather one too. I may even swap it out sometime.;):cool:

Last edited:
Back