Cleaning the wheels

I havent seen Purple Polish for sale in WA,what chain of stores sells it over there?
Auto Pro, Supercheap and I think Repco might even sell it it is made in the states and with a little elbow grease will bring em up better than new, like chrome...really shiny:D oh it made in the States USA and ain'nt cheap but worth every cent

Mine had a thin layer of clear and started showing milky stains. I took the rear wheel off to go darkside and while I could, I used purple polish and ****!! it looked better than new. I go back over it about every 3 months and it stays chrome like.
Did it take the soft clear coat off or just clean it up? That's the trouble I'm having with mine too .... that and little specs of hot brake embed into it that won't come out unless I pick at it with a finger nail.

Did it take the soft clear coat off or just clean it up? That's the trouble I'm having with mine too .... that and little specs of hot brake embed into it that won't come out unless I pick at it with a finger nail.

This is my problem. I used the #2 cutting polish on it and 98% of the black brake dust was removed,but it took an hour or 2.
All the other polishes just polished over the top of the black.
Im hoping now most of its removed I can use a more gentle polish to keep them clean and shiny.

Mine never had a clear layer on top that I could see. Either it never had one,or it was removed with some brutal polishing by the previous owner.

What I would really like to do is remove the wheels and give them to a metal polisher ,like Cadfather.

Just to clear things up...., The R3T's do not have clear coated rims. They are bare aluminum. The standard R3's went through a period of clear coated and non- clear coated rims. Good info on polishing the rims. Mine are in need of a good polish.

This is my problem. I used the #2 cutting polish on it and 98% of the black brake dust was removed,but it took an hour or 2.
All the other polishes just polished over the top of the black.
Im hoping now most of its removed I can use a more gentle polish to keep them clean and shiny.

Mine never had a clear layer on top that I could see. Either it never had one,or it was removed with some brutal polishing by the previous owner.

What I would really like to do is remove the wheels and give them to a metal polisher ,like Cadfather.

yeah but the frieght!!!!!! when I striped the paint of my VFR800' wheels to get rid of stuburn paint stuck in machining grooves I used a really fine Wet and dry paper then polished and polished and polished the end result was a mirror like finnish but I started with Autosol metal polish it is corser than Purple polish but was good for get it close to the final finnish then the Purple Polish bought them up like a mirror been thinking of doing the same to get rid of the fine machining lines on the rockets wheels to;)

Back