Cleaning the wheels

zimtuff

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Trimuph Rocket
Any tips on how to get the wheels sparkling without damaging the surface?
Just not much room in there for my hands.
Im thinking about removing them and blacking them out if they cant be cleaned easier

I'm not sure how the wheels on the Standard are treated, but the R3T folks need to be real careful about what they use on their wheels as those wheels are clear coated. I've read where folks spray brake dust cleaner and other stripping type stuff on their wheels. You need to be careful with the clear coated wheels as some of that stuff will strip the clear coat off. I saw an R3T where the guy ruined the finish on his wheels by spraying some kind of brake dust cleaner on them. IIRC, He said it was called Purple something or other.

I use good old WD 40 to clean them. It cuts brake dust and chain lube (on my Tiger) like a hot knife through butter.

Pam

Any tips on how to get the wheels sparkling without damaging the surface?
Just not much room in there for my hands.
Im thinking about removing them and blacking them out if they cant be cleaned easier
THEY make wheel cleaner for mag wheels that wont harm the finish then PAM frying pan spray will keep the hot brake dust from sticking to the surface:D

It has some black stuff stuck to the surface. Ive tried alloy wheel cleaners ,didnt do much good at all.
Looking forward to blacking them out:cool:

Back