Carpenter Racing 210 or 240 engine modification? The best one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the Carpenter kit or supper charger or turbo kit having the Jardines does it sound meaner? Or would the sound be the same?
With age my Jardines seem to be getting more deeper, just woundering with these set up would inprove the sound? Or you couldn't tell the difference?
Boosted engines sound different even between themselves not to mention a NA engine, one being you would not be using Jardines for the turbo kits out there without modifications. Either way the turbo does quiet the exhaust some as it is driving veins. (a little different but the same thing on variable vein turbo's depending on what you have the vein opening set at)
The good thing is they all sound bad arse !!!!!!!!!!

Boy this sounds like a pissing match thread is developing kind of like a transmission problem thread :) . I have had the TTS kit and the Carpenter kit and a mixture, except I have never had the opportunity to experience the turbo kit. It really depends on what you want to do with the bike.!!!!!!

Heck I am not trying to throw a turd in your punch bowl, but you could go with a good pipe and air filter system and put more then 130,000 miles on the beast like Ian @idk has. Then you can spend more time worrying about where your going to ride to instead of what is going to break next.

Just saying :D
YOU know its funny its the owners with stock engined bikes that seem to be frickin up the transmissions But I still say rider error is the cause of most of the problems . When I see a Rocket I always check the clutch free play and more than half of them are maladjusted with not enough freeplay .

I don't think I would like to get rid of my Jardines, I like the exhaust on both sides and the sound.
Warp9.9 do you have a audio sound of your bike?
So if I was idling at a stop sighn and one with a boosted engine was beside me there would be a big difference in sound?
I would love to have the difference like when you say get a stock Mustang then do it up and put different exhaust on it and have that instant muscle sound.
IF I can get some how that kind of difference I would like be glad to spend the money:)

IMFASTTOO, is it true that when you just touch clutch the play you should beable to put a quarter in between before it ingages , and that's the play needed?

It doesn't change the sound as drastically as you'd expect. Even with the biggest cams Carp offers my bike only has a tiny lope when cold, and no lope after 20 seconds when warming up. The biggest change to the sound is a slight increase in the burble and a more steady idle cadence.

It's not the major transition in sound you'd get when putting a similar size cam in a v8. Then again, even the biggest cams being put in rockets are much less wild than big v8 cams with .650" lift.

Ok I need to ask might be stupid, but what's a NA engine?
That's the thing it's not like I need the extra power, but would do the cams or supper charger or turbo if there was a big difference in sound.
I've been going back and forth just to get a 502 Boss Hoss, but wife says I would need to get rid of my rocket still have not decided.
Hoping some one will come up with a way to make the Rocket sound even more nasty:)

YOU will have more trq than you can use you cant use full throttle leaving a light so there arent any bikes beating you from a stop light I know I have a 240+ package.
Just don't do wheelies and everything will be ok?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back