Carpenter Racing 210 or 240 engine modification? The best one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEP how ya making out with your bike?

pootling about from A to B, but no fun yet, making too much boost so i've a custom pulley being fabricated right now, which ought to slow it down a bit. 1st world problems!

from my records a STOCK R3 with some sort of exhaust and the TTS kit does approx 215 -225hp depending on the exhaust. With some of my baby little F/A cams timed correctly and the bike retuned 280 is easily possible.NO other changes to the engine. From some of the questions /emails /etc I get from various folk across the globe ( I am a free advice line remember apparently) it is easy to overthink these things.... There are way more fu$k ups than good things.

Dear Neville....

My bike is hard to push up hill. What do you think it could be???
Got be able to start it first!!!, you know where I am when/ if you are ready and need a hand to pull that thing apart to fix the Stator, I miss our ride ya slack bugger (note I did not call OLD Bugger)

Riding in fifth gear at 50mph and then just a twist of the wrist.
That is what a Rocket is about to some people.
You won´t get that stock power down there with a 240hp Rocket.
My experience is, that up to 180 or 190hp you can compensate low end loss with higher compression and better ignition timing.
But starting from a stop light in first gear you will always have more power than you need.

If you think greasing it from 50mph in 5th is fun - try dropping to 3rd and doing it! :thumbsup:
A 240+ HP may just lift the front wheel doing that - I don't know for sure. :eek: :rolleyes:

If you think greasing it from 50mph in 5th is fun - try dropping to 3rd and doing it! :thumbsup:
A 240+ HP may just lift the front wheel doing that - I don't know for sure. :eek: :rolleyes:

Just a throttle roll on in 2nd at 60 will fishtail the bike, it only lifts the front with a passenger on the rear.

Just a throttle roll on in 2nd at 60 will fishtail the bike, it only lifts the front with a passenger on the rear.

Gratitude for the dope, Amigo!
Say hello to Dave for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back