Carpenter Racing 210 or 240 engine modification? The best one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under 2000 rpm, maybe up to 2500 or so, there is definitely less torque than stock. Not that it's weak, but it's easy to stall out if you accidentally start in a higher gear, where stock it wouldn't. It's just the way torque and horsepower work.
Finally an honest post about the trade off with the Carpenter mods. Thanks

For about the same money you can supercharge it and have it all, big power and torque on the bottom end and throughout the entire rpm range and still make full rated horsepower when at high altitudes when touring in the mountains.
Rotrex Superchargers | Car Superchargers and Motorbike Supercharger Ki
When I modify mine sometime down the road, I'm definitely going to put the TTS blower on it. Installs in one day and no major engine mods necessary - just bolts on.

I thought they had to drill the crank? I might be mistaken, but I thought supercharged stock motors I've seen only make 200 hp or less. And you still need someone that knows what they're doing to tune it.

For about the same money you can supercharge it and have it all, big power and torque on the bottom end and throughout the entire rpm range and still make full rated horsepower when at high altitudes when touring in the mountains.
Rotrex Superchargers | Car Superchargers and Motorbike Supercharger Ki
When I modify mine sometime down the road, I'm definitely going to put the TTS blower on it. Installs in one day and no major engine mods necessary - just bolts on.

1 day lmao

No major engine mods.... except drilling a crankshaft and replacing the whole front cover of the engine.... plus changeover of cams and pistons etc if you wana get serious...

Thanks for the welcome Turbo, been meaning to introduce myself properly here, been lurking for months..
Just looking at the kit it does not seem too involved compared to pulling the head and shipping it off.
The blower kit looks mostly like a front drive plate and some ducting.

I have a stock 09 Classic and a 2012 modded Roadster and the stock bike is fun for cruising with plenty of HP for the job BUT the modded ROADSTER is all that plus a superexciting azz kicker thats a blast and great for embarrassing all the street racers and squids with the sportbikes

Maybe, you got me wrong.
I never doubted that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back