Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
So along with a few others I bought a Fiberman bellypan during his black Friday sale. I knew it probable wouldn't fit out of the box as I have Fehling engine bars on the front. So tonight, I began the journey (at least step 1 anyway) I will update as I go along.

1st thing I had to do was make a "disposable belly pan" to cut and trim. I will use this to get the shape of what I need to trim so I'm not hacking on the real thing.

Started w/ covering the bellypan w/ some wax paper so the "molded" one would come off easy, then I covered the wax paper w/ some painters tape to make a "base coat" if you will:

20210219_175526.jpg

Next came a layer of duct tape for a little durability and stiffness:

20210219_181422.jpg

Followed by a layer of thin Styrofoam insulation board as the backbone:

20210219_183748.jpg

Followed by the final layer of duct tape. trim and remove. Voila a "disposable belly pan. Not exact, but it doesn't have to be for what I'm using it for.

20210219_210251.jpg

Good job! I may have to copy you. I have Fehling bars on now and the bellypan versions made for crash bars was only for the stock factory bars with different mounts/shape. Not sure I want to cut my painted Black Red stripe one though. I have another plain one with the stock bar cutouts too that I may modify or just swap back to the Triumph bar version..

So I finally got to step 2: fitting and trimming the "disposable belly pan" ( I painted it black to get a better idea what it would look like)

20210228_185951.jpg

20210228_190008.jpg

Also keep in mind that it's not mounted at all, it's only sitting there so when I get the mounting figured out the gap between the bars and the pan will be tighter. I still have some more fitting to do. Once I got the bars slots roughed in, I wanted to paint it so I'd get a better idea of the overall look (the green duct tape was a little distracting). I barely waited for the paint to dry to do a quick fit check then left it to dry more thoroughly so it'll be easier to handle w/out being all tacky to the touch.

Looking good, may i buy your disposable belly pan before you actually dispose of it.
I don't think installation would be a problem for you Kevin. He has Fehling crash bars as the reason for modifying the pan. Unless you have Fehlings then nevermind.

Exactly. and the screw holes are "marked" on the actual belly pan. I still need to transfer those marks over to my DBP to see how they will line up, as I'm probably going to have to tweak the supplied brackets some because they bolt to the same place the crash bars do.

Back