Exactly. and the screw holes are "marked" on the actual belly pan. I still need to transfer those marks over to my DBP to see how they will line up, as I'm probably going to have to tweak the supplied brackets some because they bolt to the same place the crash bars do.
I have a question have you changed your coolant with those Fehling guards on? On my 05 I noticed they really make access to the bleed screw a b*tch.

Actually yes. I had one of the lower radiator hoses burst on me a short while back and just installed some SAMCO hoses, I had to do a complete coolant change since all of it went on the road. Plus I had to go straight water w/ a parking lot fix to get it home. I didn't think it was too bad to get to. Obviously harder than w/ no crash bars on, but not too bad. I used a VERY long 1/4' drive extension and put a small magnet on the end in case the bolt decided to commit suicide and jump behind the oil tank or something.

Actually yes. I had one of the lower radiator hoses burst on me a short while back and just installed some SAMCO hoses, I had to do a complete coolant change since all of it went on the road. Plus I had to go straight water w/ a parking lot fix to get it home. I didn't think it was too bad to get to. Obviously harder than w/ no crash bars on, but not too bad. I used a VERY long 1/4' drive extension and put a small magnet on the end in case the bolt decided to commit suicide and jump behind the oil tank or something.
That's exactly what I saw. Thinking I need a magnetic tool. Getting the screw back in makes me nervous.

Do you happen to have any close up pics of your BP mounted? Since I'm playing around w/ the spacing and such just looking for some better pics of the installed unit. Like the amount of space between it and the radiator, the sides of the engine, the peg rails, etc.

That's exactly what I saw. Thinking I need a magnetic tool. Getting the screw back in makes me nervous.

A little tape to hold the bolt onto the socket works pretty good too. Then once it's started you can pull the extension off and reach in to remove the tape if it stays on the bolt instead of coming off w/ the socket. Then you can just stick the socket back on the bolt and tighten down like normal.

Do you happen to have any close up pics of your BP mounted? Since I'm playing around w/ the spacing and such just looking for some better pics of the installed unit. Like the amount of space between it and the radiator, the sides of the engine, the peg rails, etc.
I'll get you some closer if you want but on a Roadster it fit like a glove. Oh I have an 05 that the Fehling bars are on and I'm not putting a belly pan on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20201004_132529.jpg
    IMG_20201004_132529.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20201004_132635.jpg
    IMG_20201004_132635.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 31
I don't think installation would be a problem for you Kevin. He has Fehling crash bars as the reason for modifying the pan. Unless you have Fehlings then nevermind.
Careful, there are two or more versions of this belly pan pattern from a few makers both with and without cutouts for stock R3 crash bars. I have seen folks buy the untrimmed version and then find it doesn't fit with their stock crash bars.
Some also come with brackets but are not pre-drilled or with clear 'dimples' where they should go.
Others like @Stillserving are not pre-drilled either but do have 'dimples' marking the hole location.
Then there are the predrilled ones with brackets.

Careful, there are two or more versions of this belly pan pattern from a few makers both with and without cutouts for stock R3 crash bars. I have seen folks buy the untrimmed version and then find it doesn't fit with their stock crash bars.
Some also come with brackets but are not pre-drilled or with clear 'dimples' where they should go.
Others like @Stillserving are not pre-drilled either but do have 'dimples' marking the hole location.
Then there are the predrilled ones with brackets.
He bought the exact same ones from the same guy as myself. So it's all good.

I don't think installation would be a problem for you Kevin. He has Fehling crash bars as the reason for modifying the pan. Unless you have Fehlings then nevermind.
Oh ok i get it, :banghead: I was thinking wow i got to do that to get it on. Hes just showing off because of them bars, im on it now.:thumbsup:

Back