Roadster ABS McCruise servo bracket modification

Bigwalleye

.020 Over
Ride
17 rocket 3 roadster
Hi. I am installing a McCruise on my roadster with abs now and I needing to modify the servo bracket. I have read a lot about needing to make the modification to the bracket to clear the abs unit. I haven't seen the actual modification made to the bracket. To the people that have made this work did you just drill 2 new holes and simply move the bracket forward?

Thanks if you have a pic of your modification that would be great. Thank thank you.

I understand your problems this is what I did.....I had to make some modifications to the bends in the bracket as well but it worked ok.

D02CAD31-E304-4891-9632-9ED8A43F499C.jpeg
34DE0EBA-3060-431F-9431-5970AA754AD8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got a replay from McCruise. I will attach their instructions later today. This is such a great site for resources.

I must have received one of the last vacuum servo kits.

Having some trouble with mine now. Dug out the original instructions, and on my to-do list to go through the cable adjustment and calibration procedure.

I must have received one of the last vacuum servo kits.

Having some trouble with mine now. Dug out the original instructions, and on my to-do list to go through the cable adjustment and calibration procedure.
I am almost done. Have every thing wired up besides the front brake lever spade connectors. The harness they sent the female spade connector is to narrow. Instructions say if I have the 2 black original connection wires I don’t need to connect the new male orange and gray wires to the original female spades and just hook the new wires to the brake lever only. When I cut the wires to add the larger female spade connectors I am not sure if I need to only add the female spades or if I should add the male spades back for some future need.
Not sure how f that made any sense

I had to flatten the bracket out a bit to get the angle right, it looks like you have done the same. I would like to see the bracket modifications MCCruise recommended When you get a chance to upload it.

I had to flatten the bracket out a bit to get the angle right, it looks like you have done the same. I would like to see the bracket modifications MCCruise recommended When you get a chance to upload it.

1615235176688.png

1615235150726.png

1615235206913.png

1615235227645.png

I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess with the warranty by modifying the bracket

Back